Summer months are coming and the heat will be rising. Let’s make sure we stay cool and hydrated.
Top tips to prevent dehydration and overheating:
- Wear light clothing
- Keep blinds closed to prevent sunlight from coming in
- Make frequent checks on your loved one
- Offer fluids and make sure to keep yourself hydrated
- If you have air conditioner please turn it on
- Know your area’s heat help hotline
- Stay in shaded areas
- Check the local news to know when there is a heat advisory
- Try not to use the oven
- Stay connected with neighbors
- Take cool showers to help you cool down
- Use sunblock to prevent burns
- Stay away from carbonated drinks
Sometimes we might not need care for our loved ones, but when summer months approach it could be nice to have someone to check on you from time to time. Having a caregiver in the summer can help prevent falls and make sure your love one is being checked on. There our services for respite care that can really let you have peace of mind and keep your loved one safe. Assisting Hands is always here for our community and wants to be able to help at any time.