Traditionally, people who reach their golden years have sought out daily care either in an assisted living community or a nursing home when living alone had become too difficult. However, a new generation of senior citizens has been choosing to age in place instead of leaving their homes, leading to a rise in in-home health care services available for seniors. When seniors choose to age in their homes, they are choosing a more independent life in which they have more control over their daily activities. Yet, certain daily activities including various chores and even personal activities like getting dressed and taking care of personal hygiene, can become much more difficult with age. At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we provide in-home health care services to help senior citizens in Downers Grove, IL comfortably age in place.
Home Health Care Services in Downers Grove, IL
Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago is committed to providing personalized home health care for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Downers Grove, IL and the surrounding areas. Our caregivers are carefully screened to ensure that they are qualified to provide effective care and excellent companionship for your loved ones. You can count on our caregivers to cover of a range of services including assistance for personal hygiene as well as light housekeeping activities.
The home health care services that we provide include the following:
- Care Management: We will sit down with the family and create a care schedule that accommodates the needs of the client as well as the schedule of any family caregivers. We will also remind the client to take their medication and do their doctor recommended exercises.
- Personal Care and Grooming: Our caregivers can assist with grooming and personal hygiene including bathing, getting dressed, and restroom use.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will handle the grocery shopping to prepare meals, and cleanup afterwards.
- Errands and Transportation: We can take care of important errands like grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions, and we can also give your loved ones rides to doctor’s appointments and family functions.
- Light Housekeeping: We will keep up with certain housekeeping duties such as dishes, laundry, dusting, and other light work.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will engage with your loved ones socially through conversation and other activities like care games to provide good companionship.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our memory care services involve stimulating mental activities to help improve memory for those suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Respite Care: We can provide temporary relief for a family caregiver with our respite care services.
- Post-Operative Care: We can provide in-home care for seniors and adults recovering from surgery that includes medication reminders and assistance with certain activities to help aid the recovery.
Trusted Home Care Assistance
We begin our home care services with an in-home evaluation by one of our professionals to assess the specific needs of the client, as well as the safety of the home. We will then work with the family to create a comprehensive care plan that accommodates the client’s specific needs. We also understand that the exact needs of the client may change and we will adjust the care plan accordingly.
When you use a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, you can rest assured that our caregivers are fully licensed, bonded, and insured to handle the following home care services:
- In-Home Care
- Senior Care Services
- Non-Medical Home Health Care
- Medical Alert Systems
If you have elderly family members in Downers Grove, IL who are choosing to age in place but need assistance, contact Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago for our home health care services. We will help form an effective care plan and assign a highly qualified caregiver that will provide effective care and companionship for your loved ones. Give us a call at (630) 413-9899 to learn more about our home health care services.