Nutley derived its name from the estate of the Satterthwaite family, established in 1844, which stretched along the Passaic River and from an artist’s colony in the area.
New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Nutley as its 38th best place to live in its 2008 rankings of the “Best Places To Live” in New Jersey.
Home Health Care Nutley NJ
When looking for in home health care Nutley there are many options and we know that it can be difficult to determine how to manage the needs of your loved one. Here at Assisting Hands we want to make your search for solutions as easy as possible. To help you in making these decisions we’ve created a comprehensive list of useful resources for senior care, assistance, and some fun activities to enjoy in the historic town of Nutley.
Are there legal requirements for home care providers in Nutley NJ?
Yes, but they apply to all of NJ as they are state laws. In short, a home care provider must be licensed, bonded, and insured to operate legally in NJ. There are also procedural rules such as visits conducted by a registered nurse to perform an evaluation and subsequent follow ups. Assisting Hands Home Care complies with all regulations in the state of New Jersey to ensure your loved ones are safe and cared for.Home Health Care Agency
Assisting Hands Home Care
513 West Mount Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, NJ, 07039
Businesses Serving Seniors in Nutley NJ
White Oak Pharmacy
88 Union Ave, Nutley, NJ 07110
Burgess Chemist 2
559 N Franklin Ave, Nutley, NJ 07110
Shop Rite Pharmacy of Nutley
437 N Franklin Ave, Nutley, NJ 07110
217 Harrison St, Nutley, NJ 07110
Municipal Senior and Social Programs in Nutley NJ
Senior Citizens Programs and Activities
1 Kennedy Drive, Nutley NJ 07110
The Township provides a wide variety of Senior Citizen Activities, Clubs and Special Events. Special trips and events are also planned throughout the year for our Senior Citizen Community. Transportation is provided free of charge for most Senior Programs. For a full listing of events please contact the Recreation office at (973) 284-4966.
Project Healthy Bones
Senior Art Program
Senior Nutrition Program
Senior Citizen Clubs
Activities for Seniors in Nutley NJ
Diamond Spring Beach Club
35 Evergreen Ave, Nutley, NJ 07110
The Diamond Spring Beach Club is a private, secluded pool and cafe. It’s located in a lovely residential neighborhood, right next to the Diamond Spring Restaurant in Nutley. Each year we add more and more value to your membership while keeping the seasonal fee family affordable.
The Township provides a wide variety of Adult Recreation Activities. Current Adult Programs include Yoga, Aerobics, Men’s Soccer, Men’s Softball, Women’s Softball, Men’s Basketball, Men’s Volleyball, Women’s Volleyball, Co-Ed Volleyball, Latin Aerobics and more.
The Township provides the community with countless seasonal trips and special events. Events are themed for the season and all residents are welcome to participate. Some special events include Ski Trips, Halloween Party, Fishing Contest, Holiday Concerts, Movie Under The Stars, Kid’s Night Out, Christmas Basketball Tournament, Ice Shows, Wrestling Tournament and more.
- Summer Concert Series- The Township provides residents with musical concerts every Wednesday during the summer months at either Kingsland Park or Memorial Park 1. Free popcorn and lemon ice is distributed for residents to enjoy during the concerts.
- Theatre Programs- The Township offers the community an opportunity to participate in two theatre productions per year. Children and adults are welcome to participate. Performances are held at the Nutley High School. A summer theatre program is alo offered.
- Rutgers Safety Training- The Township provides this mandatory three hour orientation program for all coaches and volunteers that interact in our youth sports programs. This program provides partial civil immunity protection to volunteer coaches under the “Little League Law”.
- Infant/Toddler CPR Training- The Township offers this vital tool for residents, day care providers and parents to educate them with life saving techniques. Classes will be scheduled throughout the year.
- Fingerprinting Program- The Township has instituted a fingerprinting program which allows any coach or volunteer to be fingerprinted and placed on file with the state and federal government free of charge. It is mandated that all volunteers and employees working with the youth of Nutley must be fingerprinted and safety trained.
- Essex County Clerk Program – On the first Wednesday of each month the Essex County Clerk’s office is available at the Recreation Department, 44 Park Ave, from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., for residents to obtain passports, Veterans Licenses and Notary Public Services.
Religious Institutions in Nutley NJ
St. Mary’s Church
17 Monsignor Owens Pl, Nutley, NJ 07110
The Church in Nutley
192 Centre St, Nutley, NJ 07110
Riverside Community Church
50 Union Ave, Nutley, NJ 07110
Grace Episcopal Church
200 Highfield Ln, Nutley, NJ 07110