Home Health Care Orange, NJ
Home health care in Orange is important to the residents and to the home care agencies who service these residents. At Assisting Hands Home Care, our goal is to give you the resources to make caring for your loved ones in Orange, NJ simple and safe. We’ve created a comprehensive list of businesses, services, and programs to help keep the seniors of Orange happy, healthy, and on the move.
Searching for senior resources and in home care in Orange NJ can be a huge undertaking. At Assisting Hands, we do our best to find solutions for our clients and their loved ones. We have compiled local services, activities, and businesses geared towards seniors in one helpful list. If you have any questions or would like more information about seniors resources and in home care in Orange NJ please call a total care manager at 973-970-2723.
Are there legal requirements for home care providers in Orange NJ?
Yes, but they apply to all of NJ as they are state laws. In short, a home care provider must be licensed, bonded, and insured to operate legally in NJ. There are also procedural rules such as visits conducted by a registered nurse to perform an evaluation and subsequent follow ups. Assisting Hands Home Care complies with all regulations in the state of New Jersey to ensure your loved ones are safe and cared for.
Home Health Care Agency
Assisting Hands Livingston
513 W. Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Suite 111 Livingston NJ 07039
Businesses Serving Seniors
Value Mart Pharmacy
314 Main St, City of Orange, NJ 07050
20 S Valley Rd, West Orange, NJ 07052
Washington Shop Pharmacy
AGP, 90 Washington St, East Orange, NJ 07017
Municipal Senior and Social Programs in Orange NJ
The mission of the City of East Orange Division of Senior Services is to serve as advocates on behalf of East Orange residents 60 years of age and older and disabled adults by providing love, quality resources, events, activities, information, and outreach that fulfill the needs of our clientele.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Providing assistance to senior citizens and disabled adults in completing applications for benefits and entitlements.
- Providing information regarding benefits, entitlements and opportunities available for senior citizens and disabled adults.
- Providing transportation for senior citizens and disabled adults to grocery stores, medical appointments, banks, library, entitlement offices, and to recreational, cultural and educational events.
- Sponsoring periodic recreational and cultural trips and events.
- Disseminating information through a bi-annual newsletter, periodic news releases and flyers.
- Sponsoring a monthly low-cost Food Co-op to enable senior citizens and disabled persons to obtain fresh and nutritious food products.
- Providing senior citizens and disabled adults with low cost identification cards, free File of Life Cards and pre-screening for Food Stamps, energy assistance, prescription and health benefits.
- Sponsoring an annual Senior Citizen Conference with representatives from various entitlement offices and services to afford East Orange Senior Citizens an opportunity to interact with service providers and receive information that is pertinent to their quality of life.
- Provide senior citizens and disabled adults who are in need of help maintaining clean and healthy living quarters with persons to assist with light house keeping, laundry, small meal preparation and errands.
- Providing exercise class, arts and crafts class, line dancing, bowling and other recreational activities weekly.
90 Halsted St
East Orange, NJ 07018
(973) 266- 8832
Activities for Seniors in Orange NJ
60 1/2 Cherry Street
West Orange, NJ 07052
Phone: (973) 325-4085
12 Noon – 6:00 pm
12 Noon – 7:30 pm
12 Noon – 8:00 pm
10:00 am – 8:00 pm
11:00 am – 8:00 pm
New Street & N. Center St, City of Orange, NJ 07050
Orange Public Library
348 Main Street, Orange NJ 07050
Religious Institutions in Orange NJ
Love of Jesus Family Church
448 Highland Ave, City of Orange, NJ 07050
First United Tabernacle Church
425 S Jefferson St, City of Orange, NJ 07050
International Center Gospel
438 Valley St, City of Orange, NJ 07050