Home Care in Irving TX
As an adult child, you may see your elderly loved one coping with challenges that keep them from being able to live the quality of life that they deserve. In some situations, however, helping your parent with these tasks can be emotionally difficult for you, putting your aging loved one and you in an uncomfortable situation. This can not only strain your own personal mental and emotional health and well-being and the relationship that you have with your aging loved one, but can also put the quality of the care efforts you give your parent at risk. If you find yourself in this situation, starting home care for your loved one may be the ideal option for help you cope with your emotional limitations and ensure that your parent gets all of the care that they need.
Some of the ways that home care can help ensure that your parent gets all of the care that they need even while you are coping with emotional limitations in your care journey include:
• Move beyond your denial. It is easy to feel a sense of denial and resistance when it comes to your parent’s struggles. You might not want to admit that they are having a difficult time or that the amount of care that they need is as extensive as it is. This can prevent you from giving them the level of care that is necessary for them, but a care provider will not have this denial and will be able to move beyond these limitations to give them the care that is necessary for them.
• Provide distance for difficult relationships. If you are struggling with hurts or disappointments from your past, you might have trouble giving them the level of care that they need and deserve. You might feel resentful toward your loved one and not feel compelled to care for them. Your loved one might also still have resistance, creating conflict that makes it difficult or even impossible for you to care for them. A home care provider can step in to handle the care tasks while still allowing you to manage your parent’s care routine.
• Manage sensitive tasks with dignity. Some of the care tasks that your elderly loved one may need could be emotionally sensitive for both of you. For example, neither of you may feel comfortable with them being undressed in front of you or you helping them with care tasks such as bathing, toileting, and hygiene. The professionalism and neutrality of an in-home senior care services provider ensures that they are able to give your parent the support, care, and assistance necessary while reducing your stress, preventing embarrassing situations, and making your loved one more willing to comply with care.
If you have noticed that your elderly loved one is coping with challenges that go beyond what you are capable of handling due to your own personal limitations, now may be the ideal time for you to consider home care. An in-home senior care services provider can be with your elderly loved one on a customized schedule tailored to their individual needs as well as the amount of care that you are capable of giving them. This means that they will get everything that they need when you are able to be with them and when you are not. When it comes to helping you handle your emotional limitations to the care that your parent needs, this home care provider can step in to give them compassionate, respectful, and dignified care that allows you to step back, reduce your stress, and focus your energy and attention on other areas of their care needs.
If you or an aging loved one are considering in-home care in Irving, TX, please contact the caring staff at Assisting Hands of Preston Hollow today at (214) 420-1212.
Latest posts by Robbie (see all)
- Caring for Yourself as You Care for an Aging Adult with Alzheimer’s Disease - November 8, 2017
- Are You and Your Elderly Loved One Afraid to Talk to Each Other about Her Fall Risk? - November 3, 2017
- Are You and Your Senior Arguing about Driving? - October 26, 2017