Home Care in Goodyear AZ
September is National Coupon Month and was established as a way for the public to focus on their spending habits and find ways to save some green. Many older adults are on fixed incomes, so saving money is especially important to them. If their money is not being spent on groceries and necessities, it is probably going towards healthcare. According to the National Center for Policy Analysis, total health expenses have increased from 10.5 percent in 1990 to 11.4 percent in 2012 for adults between the ages of 65 and 74.
Thanks to modern-day technology, saving money can be as easy as just tapping the screen of a smartphone or tablet. Since most seniors are not family with today’s devices, they may need additional help following these tips to save money from a home care provider.
- Learn about the products. Is there a big item the elder would like to purchase, such as a TV or microwave? Before taking out their wallets, help your loved one learn more about these products online. You will most likely be able to find reviews telling you and the elder which ones are quality products and which ones they should pass on.
- Be patient. If they know of an upcoming sale, they should try to be patient and wait to purchase that product during the sales event. For example, summer gear is priced very low at the end of the season because retailers want to make room for their fall and winter items.
- Compare prices. Instead of buying an item from the first store it is found in, encourage the senior to check other retailers. There are some websites that will help you compare multiple websites, such as Google Shopping.
- Use a coupon. Even if the retailer does not currently have any in-store coupons, you may be able to find one on the manufacturer’s website or on other sites. A coupon website may also have a coupon you or your loved one can use during their shopping trip.
- Do not be afraid to ask. There are sometimes unadvertised coupons available at stores, but the only way to find out for sure is to ask. They may say yes or no, but you will not know for sure until you or the elder ask. Senior discounts may also be available.
Coupon shopping has turned into a trend and is something 96 percent of Americans admit to doing. Help your elderly parent save money by following these tips.
If you or an aging loved one are considering home care in Goodyear, AZ, contact the caring staff at Assisting Hands Home Care at (480) 725-7002.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Preparing Family for a Thanksgiving Visit with a Senior with Alzheimer’s Disease - November 15, 2016
- What Information Do You Need from Your Loved One’s Doctor about Exercise? - November 9, 2016
- Should You Consider Elder Care if Your Parent Moves in With You? - November 2, 2016