A customized, detailed set of daily activities is established in each client’s Plan of Care. Plans are regularly revised and updated to ensure their adequacy and adaptation to client’s evolving needs. The list below is merely an indication of service categories we offer.
Personal care – grooming and personal hygiene, bathing and dressing, incontinence care, exercise assistance.
Meal support – meal planning and preparation, eating and drinking assistance.
Healthcare support – post-surgical assistance, coordination of care across different providers, medication reminders, mobility support, transportation to medical or other appointments (special conditions apply to client transportation – please ask a representative to present our transportation policy).
Home safety – assessment to improve security and comfort, as well as to reduce physical risks.
Home management assistance – light housekeeping, grocery shopping and coordination of appointments.
Dementia care – assistance with memory care and general wellbeing.
Respite services – temporary relief and support to family members who act as caregivers themselves.
Housekeeping Services include general (light) cleaning of the following areas:
- Kitchen – dishes, countertops, stovetops, wipe out refrigerator and oven, clean microwave, sweep and mop floors, empty trash.
- Bathrooms used by client – countertops, sinks, toilets, shower/bathtub, mirrors, floors.
- Living and client’s bedroom – light dusting of furniture, vacuuming, empty trash, make bed and change linens, vacuum exposed areas.
- Hallways – sweep, mop, vacuum.
- Laundry may be washed, dried, folded and put away (personal laundry, towels, linens, bedding). Ironing of essential client clothes.
- Trash – empty trash and observe residential trash-collection calendar.
Some housekeeping tasks cannot be performed by our caregivers, such as lawn mowing, grooming pets or any activities that may pose a fall or injury risk. Our care coordinators help clients and caregivers clarify questions that may arise during the execution of services.
For any questions about service or plan-of-care structures and details, or to discuss your specific needs, please call an Assisting Hands representative.