Assisting Hands® offers a wide range of in home care services for the senior, disabled, and otherwise in need client. Some of the specific services offered for the senior in home care client include:
At Assisting Hands® it is our mission to senior care in a comprehensive and compassionate manner. In addition to our caregiving services delivered in the comfort of our client’s home, we believe in coordinating the full spectrum of senior care services available in the community to aid our clients in securing the best possible outcome for their health and well-being.
Our care starts with a Free Nurse Assessment and ultimately results in a plan of care.
- When you are ready, a nurse conducts a structured interview to identify your care needs in the comfort of your home.
- There is no sales pressure. If you prefer to start only with the nurse assessment, a care consultant will schedule a visit when it is convenient for you and you are comfortable to discuss the next steps with Assisting Hands.
We don’t take quality for granted – we inspect it. Assisting Hands nurses and staff members regularly visit clients’ homes to assess evolving health and service conditions. The visits offer us valuable opportunities to adjust service details, refine plans of care, assess a client’s changing health situation, act immediately on client concerns, and provide reports to family members or authorized representatives.
- Bathing, grooming, meal preparation, and housekeeping
- Home safety evaluations
- Recommendation for and placement of assistive devices in the home
- Fall risk assessments and individualized fall prevention plans
- Care Coordination with all members of the clients healthcare team
- Transportation and accompaniment to vital healthcare appointments
- Specialized care for the Alzheimer’s or other dementia client
- Compassionate, one-on-one end of life care for clients on Hospice
- Automated medication reminders
- Medical alert system
- Video monitoring services
As a part of this process, Assisting Hands® will assist each client in identifying additional elderly care services in their community available through the Area Agency on Aging, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Veteran’s Administration, and local Senior Centers. Some of the senior care services Assisting Hands® can help our clients and their loved ones find education and guidance on are:
- Respite hours for family caregivers
- Reverse mortgages
- Advanced directives
- Power of attorney assignment
- Estate planning
- Medicare benefits
- Medicaid waiver options
- Senior social events
Navigating through the myriad of senior care services available in the community can often times be cumbersome and confusing. For help in identifying the best elder care service options for you or your loved one, call your local Assisting Hands® office today and let us ease some of the burden.