Over the last generation, various advances have been made in the home care industry; aging in place has become the preferable choice for elderly individuals. When seniors choose to age at home, many of them will require some amount of care.
Some seniors may only need part-time assistance, but other seniors may need full-time care. If your elderly loved one requires full-time assistance, then Assisting Hands Home Care is here to help.
With our 24-hour home care services, Assisting Hands Home Care helps seniors in Estero, FL, and the surrounding areas safely age in place. Within these services, one of our certified and trained caregivers will always be at your loved one’s home, awake, alert, and available. From personal care to meal preparation, our caregivers can provide 24/7 care and assistance for daily self-care tasks.
Why Consider 24-Hour Home Care?
If you have elderly relatives, then you’re aware of just how stressful it can be to have to leave them home alone. The concern only increases if your loved one has a medical condition, such as a chronic illness or dementia.
An emergency can happen at any moment. For example, your elderly relative may fall but have no one around to help them. Having someone nearby to provide immediate help can make a difference — maybe even save a life.
If seniors are affected by the following, then our 24-hour in-home care services are a great fit:
- Falls: With a 24-hour caregiver available to help, we can prevent your elderly loved one from falling. We’ll eliminate potential tripping hazards and guide them throughout the home. If a fall does occur, our caregiver will immediately respond to help them.
- Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia: If a senior is affected by Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, then they’re likely to wake up in a confused state that prompts them to wander throughout their home. Our 24-hour caregivers will keep an eye on your loved one to make sure they remain safe throughout the night.
- Recovering from an Illness or Surgery: Following a surgery or illness, seniors are commonly in pain and feel weak. Our 24-hour caregivers will be there to help them through the recovery process.
- Bed Ridden: Our caregivers can help bed-ridden seniors by helping with medication, restroom use, bathing, and eating.
How Do 24-Hour Home Care Services Work?
With our 24-hour home care services, two caregivers will be assigned to care for your loved one. The caregivers each work a 12-hour shift and then switch. This ensures that an awake, alert caregiver is available to help your loved one at all times of the day. Our 24-hour care services are also similar to our home care services in which we will meet with you and your loved one at their home and develop a customized care plan based on their unique care needs.
The following can be included within our 24-hour care services:
- Immediate help for emergencies, such as calling 911 and alerting relatives
- Restroom help throughout the day and night
- Bathing and showering assistance
- Help with getting dressed
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping tasks, such as laundry and basic cleaning
- Social companionship
With 24-hour home care services from Assisting Hands Home Care, you can have peace of mind knowing that a trained, skilled caregiver is available to help your elderly loved one with any issues or emergencies that arise.
To learn more about how our 24-hour and live-in care services could benefit your elderly relative in Estero, FL, call Assisting Hands Home Care at (239) 221-6326.
Related 24-Hour and Live-In Care Services: