The advances in in-home care over the last generation have made aging in place the most popular option among the senior population. However, seniors who choose to age in place need some level of care in their homes to ensure that they can remain at home safely.
For some seniors, this could mean a few hours of assistance each day while for others, this may require full-time assistance and care. Every senior citizen has the right to remain living in their own home and for those that require full-time care, Assisting Hand Home Care can help.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides 24-hour home care services for seniors in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, FL and the surrounding areas. With these services, we guarantee that a trained and certified caregiver will always be at the home of your loved one awake, alert, and ready to respond to anything. Our caregivers will cover everything from personal care and assistance with daily activities to meal preparation and light housekeeping, 24 hours a day.
Why Consider 24 Hour Home Care?
Those who have elderly relatives know that it can be stressful to leave them alone in their homes for any period of time. Certain medical conditions such as dementia and chronic illnesses only compound the danger of leaving seniors unattended.
You never know when an emergency or a fall could occur and having someone near to provide immediate assistance for emergencies could save a life. Our 24-hour in-home care services are ideal for seniors who are affected by the following:
- Falls: Our 24-hour caregivers can help prevent falls by moving potential trip hazards, and they can respond immediately if a fall does occur.
- Dementia or Alzheimer’s: Seniors affected by dementia or Alzheimer’s may wake up confused and start wandering around the home. Our caregivers will watch over those with dementia to keep them safe in the middle of the night.
- Recovering from Illness or Surgery: The aftermath of an illness or surgery can leave seniors feeling weak and in pain. We can provide 24-hour assistance to help seniors recover from illness or surgery.
- Bed Ridden: We can be there to help bed ridden seniors with medications, eating, bathing, and restroom use.
How do 24-Hour Home Care Services Work?
When a senior needs 24 hour care services, we assign two caregivers who alternate 12 hour shifts to guarantee that there will be a caregiver awake in the home 24 hours a day. These services work much like our in-home care services in which we will meet with you and your loved ones at their home and create a personalized care plan based on the specific needs of the individual.
Our 24-hour care services can include the following:
- Help using the restroom during the day and in the middle of the night
- Help bathing and getting dressed
- Medication reminders
- Social companionship
- Light housekeeping including basic cleaning and laundry
- Meal preparation
- Immediate response for emergencies including calling 911 and the nearest relatives
Most importantly, the 24-hour home care services from Assisting Hands Home Care provide you and your loved ones with peace of mind knowing that there is always a skilled caregiver near to react to any problem or emergencies.
If you or a loved one in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, FL or the surrounding areas could benefit from round the clock assistance, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (239) 221-6326 to learn more about how we could help.