When people reach their golden years, they may soon find that they need some assistance at home with basic care. It is important for seniors to be able to handle activities of daily living (ADLs) that include eating, bathing, getting dressed, restroom use, and personal hygiene activities. If seniors cannot take care of these basic activities, living at home will be much more difficult.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide custodial care services to help seniors in their homes in Fort Myers, FL and the surrounding areas. Our caregivers will assist with their activities of daily living to ensure that they can live safely at home. We will also get to know your loved ones and develop personal relationships with them to be their companion as well as their caregiver.
Custodial Care and Companionship in Fort Myers, FL
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are licensed, bonded, and insured and have completed a background check. You can trust that the caregivers we send to your loved one’s home are not only trained and qualified to provide effective care, but also have the personality to be a caring companion for them.
We can help your loved ones with their ADLs to ensure that their basic care needs are taken care of. As we provide care for your loved ones in their home, we will get to know them on a personal level and develop a relationship. Our caregivers will engage your loved ones in conversation and participate with them in their favorite activities.
Our custodial care services may include the following:
- Personal Care: We can help your loved ones with any of their ADLs, including bathing, restroom use, getting dressed, help eating, transferring, and walking.
- Meal Preparation: Eating regular nutritious meals is important for seniors as they can become malnourished if they do not eat enough. Our caregivers can help those who do not cook by preparing daily meals. We will prepare and serve the meal and help with the grocery shopping.
- Transportation and Errands: Our caregivers can give your loved ones rides to doctor appointments and family events and help them with their errands.
- Light Housekeeping: If your loved ones cannot handle keeping their home clean, we will help by taking care of certain light housekeeping duties such as sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, laundry, and others.
- Companionship: Providing your loved ones with quality companionship is one of the most important aspects of our care services. Our caregivers will be a good friend and companion for your loved one and keep them engaged in their favorite hobbies and activities.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free Consultation
If your loved ones in the Fort Myers, FL area could benefit from having a caregiver to help them with personal care activities, contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our custodial care services. We will start by assessing the care needs of your loved one with a free consultation and form a care plan that covers their personal care needs.
You can reach us at (239) 221-6326 to learn more or schedule a consultation.
Related Custodial Care Services: