Aging in place has become the main choice for senior citizens as many more seniors are choosing to live in their homes than leave for care at a retirement home or assisted living facility. The higher number of seniors choosing to age in place means that there is a need for in-home care providers to help them live safely and comfortably.
Seniors who choose to remain in their homes may need assistance with personal hygiene, transportation, and housekeeping to varying degrees. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide in-home care services for seniors aging in place in Fort Myers, FL. Our caregivers are ready to provide non-medical care and assistance to help your loved ones live comfortably and safely at home.
The caregivers of Assisting Hands Home Care have been properly screened and trained to ensure that we are sending skilled, respectable individuals into the home of your family.
Our caregivers are not only dedicated to providing quality care, but they are also compassionate, caring individuals who will provide your loved ones with excellent companionship. We understand that each individual’s care needs are different, and we will work with you and your loved ones to create a personalized care plan.
You can expect our caregivers to provide the following types of personal care:
- Assistance with Daily Routines: Many of the daily activities people take for granted, such as getting dressed, bathing, or using the restroom, are much more difficult for seniors. Our caregivers will help seniors through their daily routines.
- Transfer Assistance: We can help those with limited mobility get into and out of their bed, couch, or wheelchair.
- Bathing and Showering: It is important for seniors to bathe or shower regularly. We can help seniors who need assistance bathing.
- Restroom Use: Our caregivers can provide assistance for those who need help using the restroom.
- Dressing: We can help your loved ones get dressed each morning and ready for bed at night.
- Personal Appearance: We can help seniors maintain their personal appearance with help grooming.
- Incontinence Care: Our caregivers can help seniors with incontinence, including cleaning and changing clothes.
While personal care makes up a lot of our in-home care services, we can also help with the following:
- Meal Preparation: Malnutrition is a common problem among seniors. Our caregivers will prepare daily meals to ensure that your loved ones get enough nutrition and clean up afterwards.
- Grocery Shopping: We can take care of important errands including grocery shopping and picking up medication.
- Light Housekeeping: We can provide light housekeeping such as vacuuming, dusting, dish washing, and mopping to keep the home clean.
- Companionship: It is common for seniors to experience loneliness which can lead to depression. Our caregivers will act as a social companion as well as a caregiver, engaging your loved one in conversation and other fun activities.
Aging in place has become the preferred option for seniors because it allows them to stay in a familiar environment and have more control over their lives. Getting the care they need right in their own home makes it possible for seniors to age in place safely. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide full in-home care services for seniors in Fort Myers, FL who have chosen to age in their home.