When you have an elderly or disabled relative in your care, it seems like the worst always happens at night. Family caregivers are often dedicated individuals who put a lot of their time and effort into caring for their relatives, but no one can provide effective care 24 hours a day.
Eventually, family caregivers, or even hired caregivers, will have to go home or at least get some sleep. While a caregiver is away or sleeping at night, an accident or emergency may occur, and the delayed reaction of the caregiver can make the consequences worse. In some cases, it is beneficial to have someone awake and alert overnight in case of an emergency.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide overnight care for seniors in Fort Myers, FL who need someone present 24 hours a day. Our overnight caregivers will arrive in the evening to help your loved ones with their bedtime routine and stay awake through the night to provide assistance when needed. You can choose to have our caregivers stay in the same room during the night or in another nearby area of the home.
The overnight caregiver duties you can expect from Assisting Hand Home Care include the following:
- Assistance washing up and getting dressed before bed
- Help getting in bed at night and out of bed in the morning
- Assistance taking medication
- Immediate response in the middle of the night to help with restroom use and other scenarios
You should consider hiring an overnight caregiver for your loved one if they are affected by the following:
- Vision Loss: Many senior citizens have impaired vision which can make walking around at night dangerous. Our caregivers will help those with impaired vision get around at night safely.
- Fall Prevention: The walk to the bathroom at night can be dangerous for seniors who are already prone to falling. Our assistance in the middle of the night will drastically reduce the risk of falls.
- Surgery: Seniors recovering from surgery may have difficulty sleeping due to pain and discomfort. Our caregivers can help those recovering from surgery get in and out of bed and change positions during the night.
- Dementia: Seniors affected by dementia can wake up confused and wander aimlessly. We will immediately respond when seniors with dementia wake up in the middle of the night to ensure their safety.
If you believe that someone in your family could benefit from having an overnight caregiver, contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our overnight care services. Our skilled caregiver will be alert throughout the night to provide your loved ones with any assistance they may need. Having one of our compassionate professionals there to provide care overnight and respond to emergencies will give you and your loved ones some peace of mind.
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (239) 337-4263 for overnight care in Fort Myers, FL