When a person suffers an injury or goes through a surgical procedure, the recovery process generally includes some form of physical therapy.
Physical therapy can help those who were injured begin to reuse the injured body part and this therapy can also help people regain their strength after a surgery.
The consequences of an injury or surgery can be severe for some people. Injuries can do damage to bones and muscles and surgeries can keep people bedridden for weeks after the procedure.
The longer someone is confined to their bed, the more difficult it will be for them to get up and start moving again.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can provide physical therapy services in Fort Myers, FL right in the homes of those who need it.
We have accredited physical therapists on staff that can administer therapy and create a rehabilitation program to help you or your loved ones get moving again.
In-Home Physical Therapy
When you call Assisting Hands Home Care for physical therapy, we will send an accredited therapist to the home of your loved one to assess their strength and condition.
The therapist will work with you and your loved one, as well as your loved one’s physician, to create a physical therapy program that coincides with the plan of treatment from their physician.
From there, our therapist will implement the physical therapy program and monitor the progress of your loved one to make changes to the plan as necessary.
The assistants to the physical therapist will receive detailed instructions of the physical care plan and administer the therapy under the supervision of the therapist.
You can expect the following with our in-home physical therapy services:
- Creation of a physical therapy care plan that includes the prescribed physical therapy from your loved one’s physician. This plan will be adjusted as necessary to get the best results.
- Testing and documentation of your loved one’s physical strength and abilities to help their physician evaluate their progress.
- Meetings with your loved one’s physician to help implement and adjust their physical therapy treatment.
- Instruction and supervision of therapy assistants and home caregivers by the therapist to ensure that they are correctly implementing the physical therapy care plan. The therapist will provide detailed instructions to the assistants and monitor their performance.
- Documentation of your loved one’s progress and condition, as well as the instructions from the physical therapist and their physician.
There are several ways to cover the cost of our physical therapy services. You have the option of private pay and we also accept Blue Cross Blue Shield, Carecentrix, Aetna, and Cigna commercial insurances to cover the cost.
If you or a loved one in the Fort Myers, FL area could benefit from in-home physical therapy, contact Assisting Hands Home Care.
Our physical therapists are licensed and accredited to create and implement physical therapy programs and we will work directly with your loved one’s physician to coordinate our therapy with the physician’s treatment plan.