Senior citizens who have decided to age in their homes instead of going to a nursing home generally enlist the help of home care agencies.
Home care service providers like Assisting Hands Home Care send trained and qualified caregivers to the homes of senior citizens to provide non-medical care which can include personal assistance with grooming and bathing, help with house work, and transportation to handle important errands.
While these services are effective for helping seniors age in place safely, many in-home caregivers are not certified to provide skilled care that may be required by some seniors.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can provide skilled care services for senior citizens in Fort Myers, FL. Our caregivers have been trained and certified in skilled care to help administer medications, dress wounds, and care for those suffering with chronic diseases and other conditions.
You and your loved ones can rest assured that our caregivers will provide the skilled care that your loved one needs to live safely and comfortably at home.
Skilled Care Management and Planning
If you or a loved one needs skilled care to age in place, talk to our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care.
We will start by consulting with you and your loved one to determine their specific skilled care needs.
We will then create a customized care plan that will ensure that all of these needs are met.
These care plans are flexible to adapt to changing care needs and we will also work with your loved one’s doctor to ensure that they receive the best possible skilled care.
Our skilled care services include the following:
- Medication administration and management: Our caregivers will keep track of the medication schedule and administer medications when it is time to take them.
- Post-surgical care: If your loved one has recently returned from the hospital, our skilled caregivers can help administer medications, dress wounds, and help with any physical therapy.
- Wound management: We can treat and dress major wounds.
- Nurse assessments and evaluations: Our skilled caregiver will consistently assess the condition of your loved one and let you and their doctor know if there are any changes.
- Chronic disease management: Chronic illnesses are difficult to live with on a daily basis. Our caregivers can help manage and care for your loved ones with chronic diseases.
- Cancer recovery: Those dealing with cancer endure regular treatments and flair ups that are difficult to deal with. Our skilled caregivers can help care for those affected by cancer by administering medications and taking them to doctor appointments.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy: Our skilled caregivers can provide physical, occupational, or speech therapy in the home of your loved one.
If you have a loved one in the Fort Myers, FL area that requires skilled care to live comfortably at home, contact Assisting Hands Home Care. We will send a representative to the home of your loved one to assess their care needs and help create an effective care plan.