The oldest family members are often the most respected because they have spent years providing advice and support for their families. When elderly relatives reach a point where they need daily care, it is natural for their families to seek out the best care option available.
There are several options available for good senior care, but many seniors prefer to age in place and receive the care that they need in their homes. In some cases, family members can act as a caregiver to cover some of their needs at home, but there are limits to what an informal caregiver can provide. If you need help providing effective in-home care for your senior relatives in Fort Myers, FL, Assisting Hands Home Care can help.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides complete elderly care services for seniors aging in place in Fort Myers, FL. We employ carefully screened and highly trained caregivers who will provide skilled, compassionate care for your loved ones in their homes.
You can trust our caregivers to not only cover the care needs of your loved ones, but also provide them with great social companionship. Our senior care services are ideal for giving family caregivers a break, or for covering their care needs full time.
Elderly Home Care in Fort Myers, FL
When you call Assisting Hands Home Care for elderly care services, we will send a representative to the home of your loved one to evaluate the home and their specific needs.
Once we have an understanding of your loved one’s care needs, we will create a care plan with you and your loved ones that includes a schedule for our caregivers and the services needed. Our senior care services can include a combination of the following types of specialized care:
- Personal Care and Assistance: Many seniors need help with personal daily activities including getting dressed, bathing, and using the restroom. We can assist seniors with their personal care and grooming activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Seniors who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s need specialized care. Our caregivers can provide effective care for those with dementia that includes cognitive exercises to help improve memory.
- Fall Prevention: Falls are among the leading cause of injuries among seniors. We can help prevent falls by rearranging the home and helping your loved ones move around the home.
- Meal Preparation: It is important for seniors to get enough daily nutrition. Our caregivers can prepare daily meals for your loved ones and even account for dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and Errands: Seniors who no longer drive cannot run important errands themselves. We will help provide transportation to run important errands and get to doctor appointments.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will take care of light housekeeping duties to help keep the home clean.
- Companionship: Providing effective care for your loved ones is only half of our mission. Our caregivers will also be a good social companion for your loved ones, regularly engaging them in conversation and other fun activities.
- Post-Surgical Care: Recovering from surgery is difficult and exerting yourself too much can result in a setback. Our caregivers can provide care and assistance for those who have recently had surgery to help them recover.
- Hospice Care: If you have a family member with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, we can provide hospice care to help them live the rest of their life as comfortably and pain free as possible.
If you have elderly relatives in the Fort Myers, FL area who are choosing to age in place and need in home care, contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our senior care services. Our caregivers are ready to provide complete care for your loves ones and we always treat our clients with the utmost compassion and respect. We also have a policy of open communication, so we will keep you updated on any changes in condition.