With more elderly individuals deciding to live at home instead of going to an assisted living facility or retirement home, aging in place has become a top choice for seniors. With this growing demand, the demand for in-home caregivers also continues to rise.
Elderly individuals who are aging at home may still require help with housekeeping, personal hygiene, and transportation, among other things. Assisting Hands Home Care can provide that help with in-home care services in Cape Coral, FL. Our caregivers will provide your elderly loved ones with non-medical home health care that allows them to live at home in a safe and comfortable manner.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our well-trained caregivers have undergone proper screening, ensuring that only the best will provide help for your loved ones.
Not only are our caregivers devoted to providing exceptional care to clients, but are also great companions for your loved one. We will create a customized care plan, working with you and your loved one to ensure their specific needs are filled.
Our caregivers can be expected to provide the following types of personal care:
- Daily Routine Help: Everyday tasks, such as using the restroom and getting dressed, aren’t always easy for seniors. Our caregivers will provide seniors with assistance for their daily routines.
- Bathing and Showering: Bathing and showering can be dangerous and/or difficult for elderly individuals, but it’s important to do so on a regular basis. Our caregivers will provide seniors with bathing help if needed.
- Dressing: In the morning and at night, our caregivers will help elderly individuals get dressed.
- Personal Appearance: Our caregivers will help seniors maintain their personal appearance by helping them with grooming activities.
- Transfer Assistance: Some elderly individuals have limited mobility, making it difficult for them to get up from their wheelchair or get in and out of bed. Our caregivers will provide seniors with transfer assistance to ensure they can get up, out, and in their bed, wheelchair, couch, and elsewhere when needed.
- Incontinence Care: Our caregivers will help with incontinence issues, cleaning up and changing clothes.
Our caregivers can also assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), including:
- Meal Preparation: Seniors don’t always get the proper nutrients they need. Our caregivers will prevent this by preparing nourishing meals for your loved one on a daily basis. They will also handle the cleanup.
- Grocery Shopping: Our caregivers will handle grocery shopping, medication pickup, and other important errands that elderly individuals need.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will mop, dust, vacuum, wash dishes, and other light housekeeping chores to ensure that your elderly loved one’s home stays clean.
- Companionship: Seniors commonly experience feelings of loneliness, which may result in depression. Our caregivers will combat this by being a social companion for your loved ones. Our caregivers will do fun activities with your loved one and engage them in friendly conversation.
More and more seniors are choosing to age in place because they can stay at home and have more control of their lives. Elderly individuals also have greater control of their lives when living in their own homes.
To ensure that they are safely aging at home, most seniors will require some sort of care. This is where Assisting Hands Home Care can help; we offer complete home care services in Cape Coral, FL, to seniors who are aging at home.
Call (239) 221-6326 for more information about Assisting Hands Home Care’s in-home senior care services.
Related In-Home Services: