Senior citizens are increasingly deciding to age at home instead of leaving to receive care at an assisted living facility, nursing home, or retirement home. Because of this influx, there is also an increased need for quality in-home care that allows elderly individuals to age at home in a safe and comfortable manner.
When elderly individuals choose to age in place, many of them will need some level of care whether it is with housekeeping, personal hygiene, transportation, or other tasks. With our in-home care services, Assisting Hands Home Care helps seniors in Estero, FL, and the surrounding areas safely age in place. We employ caregivers who are prepared to help seniors by providing them with non-medical care and assistance, ensuring they live at home in a safe and comfortable manner.
In-Home Care in Estero, FL
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our caregivers have gone through a thorough screening process and are properly trained to provide home care services. This ensures that we have the best, most respectable, caregivers working with your loved ones in their home.
Our caregivers also provide quality companionship to your loved ones. We also take time to customize each care plan to the client, working with you both to ensure their unique care needs are properly met.
The following types of personal care can be expected from our caregivers:
- Daily Routine Assistance: For seniors, daily activities that were once easy to do, such as dressing oneself and using the restroom, become more difficult to do safely. Our caregivers will be there to help so that seniors can still get through their everyday routines.
- Transfer Help: Limited mobility can make it tough for seniors to get in and out of bed, the couch, or their wheelchair. Knowing this, our caregivers will be around to help elderly individuals in such cases.
- Bathing and Showering: Elderly individuals may struggle to safely bathe and/or shower, but it’s important that they do so. Our caregivers will help any seniors who have trouble bathing or showering.
- Restroom Use: If your elderly loved one needs help using the restroom, our caregivers will provide assistance.
- Dressing: Every morning and night, our caregivers will help seniors get dressed.
- Personal Appearance: Our caregivers will help elderly individuals groom themselves so that they can maintain their personal appearance.
- Incontinence Care: If your elderly loved one struggles with incontinence, our caregivers will help them get cleaned up and change clothes.
Our in-home care services mostly consist of personal care, but our caregivers can also provide assistance with the following:
- Meal Preparation: Seniors can struggle with malnutrition, but our caregivers will prevent this by preparing nutritious meals for them on a daily basis. We will also take care of the cleanup.
- Grocery Shopping: Our caregivers can go grocery shopping, pick up medications, and run other errands.
- Light Housekeeping: From dusting to vacuuming to mopping to washing dishes, our caregivers will do light housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean home.
- Companionship: To prevent loneliness and potential depression, our caregivers will be social companions to your elderly loved one. We will engage in quality conversation and fun hobbies and activities.
Seniors now prefer to age at home, because it lets them maintain some control of their lives and remain in a comfortable, familiar environment. But to do this safely, many elderly individuals need some amount of care. Assisting Hands Home Care can help with this through our in-home care services offered in Estero, FL, and the neighboring areas.
For more information regarding our in-home senior care services, call Assisting Hands Home Care at (239) 221-6326 to set up a free consultation.
Related In-Home Care Services: