In the United States, there is an increasing trend of seniors choosing in-home caregiving services. There are many seniors, especially those from the baby boomer generation, who find it preferable to age at home, where they’re comfortable and familiar. However, many elderly individuals still require some form of help to safely live at home. Some seniors may even be in a situation where they need someone nearby 24 hours a day to provide assistance and respond to emergencies.
Assisting Hands Home Care can help individuals in such situations through the live-in and 24-hour cares services that we provide in Cape Coral, FL. These services are beneficial for seniors and adults with chronic conditions or illnesses who always need a caregiver nearby. Our caregiver will provide any assistance needed and they will be able to react quickly if there is ever an emergency.
Who Can Benefit from Live-in Home Care Services
In general, our live-in home care services are beneficial for people who have trouble with everyday activities and/or safely making it through the night. These services are also ideal for people who require immediate help on short notice or even no notice. Assisting Hands Home Care often provides such services to the following:
- Alzheimer’s and dementia patients
- Cancer patients
- Individuals recovering from a major surgery
- Terminally-ill patients
Individuals with these conditions are generally who we provide 24-hour and live-in care services for, but we are able to help other people, too. If you would like to inquire about yours or a loved one’s own unique scenario, please reach out to us.
24-Hour versus Live-In Care
While both our 24-hour and live-in care services use a 24-hour schedule, there are key differences between the two services:
- 24-Hour Care: Our 24-hour care services are the ideal choice for people who require more attentive care. Caregivers work 12-hour shifts, meaning a new caregiver comes to your home twice a day ready and rested to provide assistance with whatever needed. Furthermore, because an awake, alert caregiver is available to help, this service is beneficial for those who need 24/7 supervision or those who could require emergency assistance on short notice.
- Live-In Care: Our live-in care services are the ideal choice for individuals who need consistent help but don’t require attentive care. Caregivers in this service work shifts that last 3 to 4 days and will need somewhere to sleep. Caregivers need to sleep uninterrupted for 5 to 6 hours nightly and provide the same assistance as 24-hour care during the rest of the day.
Non-Medical Caregiving Services
Although our caregivers are able to help with nearly all everyday activities, they do not provide medical assistance, including bandage changing and providing injections. The following are some of the services that our caregivers do provide help with:
- Assistance with restroom use, bathing, and personal grooming
- Getting dressed
- Getting in and out of bed
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
The caregiving services that we provide at Assisting Hands Home Care can be customized, so we can provide care that accommodates your loved one’s unique needs. Furthermore, we can assist our clients in emergency situations even though we cannot provide medical assistance ourselves. All of the caregivers we employ have first aid and CPR training and will alert EMTs if an emergency does come up.
Free Consultations Available
Call (239) 221-6326 to learn more about the live-in and 24-hour care services that Assisting Hands Home Care offers in Cape Coral, FL, and the neighboring areas.