In the United States, there is an increasing trend of seniors choosing in-home care services. There are many seniors, especially those from the baby boomer generation, who find it preferable to age at home, where they’re comfortable. But many elderly individuals still require some form of help to safely live at home. Some seniors may even be in a situation where they need someone nearby 24 hours a day to provide assistance and respond to emergencies.
Assisting Hands Home Care can help individuals in such situations through our live-in and 24-hour home care services in Cape Coral, FL. These services are beneficial for seniors and adults with chronic conditions or illnesses who always need a caregiver nearby. Our caregiver will provide any assistance needed and they will be able to react quickly if there is ever an emergency.
Live-In Caregiver Cape Coral, FL
Our live-in home care services are beneficial for those who have trouble with everyday activities and/or safely making it through the night. These services are also ideal for people who require immediate help on short notice or even no notice.
Assisting Hands Home Care often provides such services to:
- Alzheimer’s and dementia patients
- Cancer patients
- Individuals recovering from a major surgery
- Terminally-ill patients
Individuals with these conditions are generally who we provide 24-hour and live-in care services for, but we are able to help other people, too. If you would like to inquire about yours or a loved one’s own unique scenario, please reach out to us.
24-Hour vs. Live-In Care
While both our 24-hour and live-in care services use a 24-hour schedule, there are key differences between the two services:
- 24-Hour Care: Our 24-hour home care services are the ideal choice for people who require more attentive care. Caregivers work 12-hour shifts, meaning a new caregiver comes to your home twice a day ready and rested to provide assistance with whatever needed. Furthermore, because an awake, alert caregiver is available to help, this service is beneficial for those who need 24/7 supervision or those who could require emergency assistance on short notice.
- Live-In Care: Our live-in care services are the ideal choice for individuals who need consistent help but don’t require attentive care. Caregivers in this service work shifts that last 3 to 4 days and will need somewhere to sleep. Caregivers need to sleep uninterrupted for 5 to 6 hours nightly and provide the same assistance as 24-hour care during the rest of the day.
Non-Medical Home Care Services in Cape Coral, FL
Although our caregivers are able to help with nearly all everyday activities, they do not provide medical assistance, including bandage changing and providing injections.
Check out some of our home care services listed below:
- Assistance with restroom use, bathing, and personal grooming
- Getting dressed
- Getting in and out of bed
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
Our home care services can be customized, allowing us to accommodate your loved one’s unique needs. We can also assist clients in emergency situations calling for help and alerting family members. Each of our caregivers is also first-aid and CPR-certified and will alert EMTs if an emergency does arise.
Free Consultations Available in Cape Coral, FL
Call (239) 221-6326 to learn more about the live-in and 24-hour home care services that Assisting Hands Home Care offers in Cape Coral, FL, and the neighboring areas.
Related 24-Hour and Live-In Care Services: