One of the most difficult things about providing care for a physically or mentally limited relative is ensuring their safety during the night. We all have our own lives to live, and it is sometimes impossible to take care of a family member as much as is needed. To make matters worse, a large proportion of accidents occur during nighttime hours due to fatigue, low-light conditions, and similar factors.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we offer overnight care services in Bonita Springs, FL and the surrounding areas to help. We will help your loved one prepare for bed, get through the night safely, and prepare for the day in the morning.
Who Benefits from Overnight Care?
When people think of caregiving services at night, they tend to think of seniors needing the help; however, there are a variety of people who can benefit from overnight care. Those we help the most are typically affected by some combination of the following:
- Vision Loss: Individuals with impaired vision can experience major difficulty getting around at night. This is especially true for those who also have other physical limitations. Our caregivers will help those with poor vision navigate the night safely.
- A History of Falling: Seniors with a history of falling often experience another fall in the future. Many of these occur at night. We provide overnight fall prevention services to minimize the risk of a drastic accident occurring.
- Surgery Recovery: Recovering from a surgery can make it difficult to simply sleep or get up to use the restroom (for example, discomfort when changing positions in bed can make it impossible to sleep). We remain attentive throughout the night to assist as needed.
- Dementia: Individuals affected by dementia often wake up in a state of confusion. This can lead them to walk around aimlessly and experience an accident. Our caregivers will stay by their side to ensure they do not put themselves at risk.
Additional Overnight Caregiving Services in Bonita Springs, FL
In addition to addressing the limitations listed above, we can assist with all aspects of getting ready for bed, navigating the night safely, and getting ready in the morning. This can include home care services like:
- Bathing and getting dressed before bed
- Getting into the bed at night, and out of the bed in the morning
- Taking the proper medication
- Walking safely to the restroom during the night
Call for Overnight Caregiving Services
If you have a loved one in need of overnight care that you cannot effectively provide, we encourage you to leverage our services. We will customize our schedule to fit your needs and deliver attentive nighttime services.
Our Assisting Hands Home Care representatives can be reached at (239) 221-6326 and are happy to help those in need in the Bonita Springs, FL, area.
Related Overnight Care Services: