VA Home Care Bonita Springs, FL
There are many men and women who have served in the U.S. military and a high percentage of them are over the age of 65. In fact, there are an estimated 70 million veterans who are senior citizens, and many are likely eligible for Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits. VA benefits can be obtained by both veterans and their spouses over the age of 65 and they must be obtained by applying through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. For those who do qualify for these benefits, Assisting Hands Home Care can work with you to ensure you get the home care you need, and your VA benefits can be applied to help cover the cost of home care.
Assisting Hands Home Care can help veterans and their spouses in Bonita Springs, FL and the surrounding areas with our VA home care services. You or your loved ones can expect excellent home care from our licensed caregivers that covers all of your unique care needs such as personal care activities and help with household tasks. We will meet with you and your loved ones to assess your care needs and help determine how your VA benefits can help cover your care.
VA Pension Benefits
To receive VA pension benefits, veterans and their spouses need to apply through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. The pension received from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs can be used by veterans and their spouses to pay for home care. You must mee the following criteria to be eligible for VA benefits:
- Monthly income cannot exceed $3000 for couples, $2600 for single veterans, or $2000 for a surviving spouse
- Applicants must be 65 or older
- Spouses must have been married at the time of the veteran’s death
- Veteran must have served one day of active duty during a time of war
- Retirement account cannot exceed $123,600
Those applying for VA benefits will likely be asked the following questions:
- Do you plan on living at home for the next year or do you have a scheduled discharge date if living at a facility?
- Do you need help with activities of daily living (ADLs)?
- Do you currently receive VA benefits for wounds you suffered during military service or have you applied to receive this benefit?
Veterans and their spouses who are eligible to receive VA benefits can receive care through the following programs from Assisting Hands Home Care:
VA Home Health Aid (HHA) Homemaker/ Home Health Program
Through our VA Home Health Care program, we offer 12 hours of home care per week for veterans and their spouses. All those receiving care in this program must first complete an interdisciplinary evaluation for geriatric extended care (GEC) done by a medical doctor (MD), social worker (SW), and registered nurse (RN). They must also meet the following criteria:
- Dependent for help with 3 or more activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Have significant cognitive impairment
VA Respite Care
If a veteran or their spouse needs respite care or temporary home care, they can benefit from our VA respite care program. Those applying for this program must complete an interdisciplinary assessment like with our other program and meet the following criteria:
- Dependency on 3 or more activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Significant cognitive impairment
Free In-Home Assessment for VA Home Care
Make sure you call Assisting Hands Home Care if your or your loved ones in Bonita Springs, FL are eligible for VA benefits and need home health care. We will provide a free in-home assessment to determine your care needs, form a care plan, and help decide which VA care program is right for you.
Give us a call at (239) 221-6326 to learn more.
Related VA Home Care Services: