About VA Home Care in Estero, FL
Veterans who have served in any branch of the U.S. armed forces and their spouses are likely eligible for Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits once they reach the age of 65. These benefits are available through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs and the money from these benefits can be used to help pay for home care. Once you start receiving VA benefits, you can reach out to Assisting Hands Home Care to learn about how your benefits can pay for the VA home care programs we offer.
Assisting Hands Home Care is a licensed provider of VA home care services for veterans and their spouses in Estero, FL. We can assist veterans and their spouses who are eligible for VA benefits and ensure that they receive quality home care from our trained and compassionate caregivers. We will assess the care needs of you or your loved ones to form an effective care plan and determine how your VA benefits can be used to pay for the care.
VA Pension Benefits
Veterans and spouses over the age of 65 can apply for VA benefits through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. In order to be eligible for the benefits, you must meet the following requirements:
- Veteran must have served at least one day of active duty during war time
- The veteran and surviving spouse must be over 65
- Retirement account must have less than $123,600
- Combined monthly income must be less than $3000 for couples, $2600 for a single veteran, and $2000 for a surviving spouse
- Surviving spouse applying for benefits must have been married to the veteran at their time of death
The application for VA benefits may also include the following questions:
- Do you receive benefits for wounds suffered during military service from the VA or have you applied for these benefits?
- Do you need assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)?
- Are you living at home and do you plan to live at home for at least the next year?
We offer the following VA home care programs for veterans and their spouses who can receive VA benefits:
VA Home Health Aid (HHA) Homemaker/ Home Health Program
Veterans and their spouses who choose our VA home health aid program are eligible for up to 12 hours of care each week. Before receiving care under this program, you have to be evaluated for geriatric extended care (GEC) by an interdisciplinary group that includes a registered nurse (RN), medical doctor (MD), and social worker (SW). The following criteria must also be met:
- Significant cognitive impairment
- Dependent on assistance for at least 3 activities of daily living (ADLs)
VA Respite Care
Our VA respite program is ideal for veterans and their spouses who need respite care or temporary home care. Once again, completing an interdisciplinary evaluation for geriatric extended care (GEC) is required to receive care under this program. You must also meet the following criteria:
- Significant cognitive impairment
- Dependency with 3 or more ADLs
Free In-Home Assessment from Assisting Hands Home Care
Make sure you give our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care a call if you or your loved ones are veterans who need home care services. If you are eligible for VA benefits, we will provide a free in-home assessment to evaluate your care needs and help decide which of our VA home care programs is best for you.
Call us at (239) 221-6326 for more about how our VA home care helps veterans and their spouses in Estero, FL.
Related VA Home Care Services: