People ignore the importance of post-hospitalization care, when in reality it should be a must-have, specially for older adults or in case of chronic illness. Close to 20% of patients are readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of discharge; however, most of these readmissions are avoidable.
What is shocking is the fact that most people who are readmitted within 30 days are not readmitted for the same condition that originally sent them to the hospital. Most of the times people are readmitted because they weren’t able to follow the doctor’s discharge instructions because they needed some assistance with meal preparation, or personal hygiene but they didn’t have anybody around to help them out. So poor nutrition, not taking their medicines, dehydration and falls are among the main causes of readmission.
Our Safe Transition-to-Home service includes:
- Clear communication of discharge orders to patient and family
- Pick you up at the facility and take you home
- Get an appointment with your Physician and labs or tests.
- Pick up prescriptions and explain the use of your medications to prevent any errors.
- Fax your discharge orders and new prescriptions to your Primary Care Physician
- Set up your Mediset and remind you when to take medications
- Coordinate delivery of any Durable Medical Equipment
- Help you set up your home to make it a safe environment
- Clean up your refrigerator and buy any groceries you may need
- Prepare meals with special attention to dietary instructions
- Help with light housekeeping, laundry and errands
- Help you with bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living