Currently looking for caregivers with special skill-sets:
*Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care training
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our caregivers are the heart and soul of what we do! Many of our home health aides come from diverse backgrounds and bring lots of experience to our home care agency. But we all share one common goal: to provide compassionate home care to our clients.
Our home health agency is looking for experienced caregivers who live in Wheeling, Prospect Heights, Mount Prospect, Des Plaines, and Arlington Heights, IL to help us care for our clients. We strongly believe that caregiving works best when we can match clients to caregivers who live nearby!
When applying, there are two career paths to follow:
Track 1: Caregivers
Many caregivers start out caregiving for a loved one and move forward to making it a career. If everyone in the family turns to you when a family or friend needs help, a caregiving position may be the job for you!
Caregiving jobs require interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help others. Caregivers must also provide reliable transportation and be patient with those they are helping. If you know how to cook, such as preparing healthy meals as well as show responsibility and effective communication, you could be a perfect fit for our team! After the hiring process, we will have you pass an initial training session, followed by matching you with an entry-level case.
Track 2: CNA-Qualified Caregiver
In addition to caregivers, individuals with experience working as a Certified Nursing Assistant are in high demand! Have you worked with a number of patients in a nursing home such as a 14:1 ratio? You might like working 1:1 as a caregiver even better to build a special relationship with a client.
Assisting Hands Home Care offers both a variety of cases and flexible hours in Arlington Heights, Wheeling, Prospect Heights, Mount Prospect, and Des Plaines, IL. CNAs will assist local clients with ADLs, or Activities of Daily Living. This includes dressing, bathing, transfer assistance, and continence care.
We are looking for caregivers with the following skill sets:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Training/Experience
- Hospice and Parkinson’s Care Experience
We strongly believe that a happy caregiver results in a happy client.
Benefits of Working as a Caregiver
- Direct deposit
- Referral bonuses
- Bi-annual caregiver appreciation events
- Time and a half pay during holidays
- Supportive, fun atmosphere (Check out our Caregiver Café)
- Direct deposit
- Competitive pay
- Flexible hours (Part-time and full-time available)
- TB Test
- CPR Card
- Reliable transportation
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to pass state and federal background checks, and motor vehicle report
- Consistent and reliable work history
The following are not required but preferred for working as a caregiver:
- Open availability
- Ability to carry up to 225 pounds
- Previous experience with specialty cases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Multiple Sclerosis)
- Experience working with dementia patients
- At least 3 years working as a caregiver or CNA
Contact Us for an Interview
We strongly encourage all caregiver candidates to apply! Please fill out the online application and give us a call at (847) 728-8519 to start the interview process.