The caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care can help you or your loved one remain safely and comfortably in your Wheeling, IL home. Over 90% of older adults prefer to age-in place and our mission at Assisting Hands Home Care is to make this dream a reality for you and your family. We will match you with a skilled, compassionate caregiver in the Wheeling, IL area to ensure you or your parents can remain in their homes with a great quality of life.
Our caregivers can help with activities of daily living, such as eating, dressing, or bathing, and help out with light housework or provide a ride to do errands. Most of all, our caregivers provide companionship and care. You’ll often see our caregivers out and about Wheeling at the local Fresh Farms, the Jewel, or grabbing a bite to eat at Rise and Shine Pancake House. Why stay home when you can have an active social life with your home care companion and friends?
Having someone new in your home can feel scary at first, but our caregivers will soon become your friends and feel like a part of the family. Give as a call for your free in-home consultation. Once we get a chance to know you, we can match you with the perfect person for your home care needs.
In-Home Care Services for Wheeling, IL
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we carefully screen our applicants so that we hire caregivers who can provide excellent care and companionship for your loved ones. Each of our caregivers is licensed, bonded, and insured and will provide the following home health care services:
- Care Management: We will create a comprehensive care plan with the help of you and your family to ensure that all individual care needs are accommodated. This care plan will take medications, and other doctor recommended activities into account.
- Personal Care and Grooming: We provide assistance with personal hygiene to help senior citizens bathe, use the restroom, and get dressed.
- Meal Preparation: We prepare fresh meals each day for your loved ones to ensure that they get the nutrition they need.
- Errands and Transportation: If your loved ones no longer drive, we can provide transportation to take care of errands and get your loved ones to important events like doctor appointments.
- Light Housekeeping: We can handle light housekeeping jobs like dusting, vacuuming, and laundry to keep the home clean and orderly.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are much more than skilled caregivers, we also want to be a good companion for your loved one. We will build a personal relationship with your loved ones and regularly engage them in conversation and other social activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We can provide effective care for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia and engage them in activities that help improve memory.
- Respite Care: Many families designate one of their own to be an informal caregiver for their family members who need assistance. Our respite care services provide relief for family caregivers so they can take a break while we take care of their loved ones.
- Hospice Care: If you have a loved one in your family who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, we can help with our hospice care services. Our caregivers will ensure that your loved one is comfortable and well taken care of, so they can pass peacefully.
- Live in Care: If your relatives need attentive care 24 hours a day, we can help with our live-in care services. Our caregivers will live in the home of your loved one and alternate 12 hour shifts so that someone is always there to provide care.
- Overnight Caregivers: Assisting Hands Home Care provides overnight care to help family caregivers in Wheeling, IL cover the needs of their loved ones 24 hours a day. Our caregivers will help get your loved ones ready for bed and they will stay awake through the night to provide immediate assistance when needed.
- Post-Operative Care: If a senior citizen or adult in your family is recovering from surgery, we can help the recovery go smoothly with our post-operative care services.
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care to learn more about how our home care services can help your loved ones age in place in Wheeling, IL. You can schedule your free in-home consultation here.