At Assisting Hands Home Care, we understand that when people need care due to chronic conditions, an illness, or old age, they prefer to receive care in the comfort of their own homes. Our caregivers provide non-medical home health care in Wheeling, IL to help seniors and adults who could benefit from professional in-home care. These services are ideal for senior citizens, adults with disabilities or chronic conditions, hospice patients, those recovering from surgery, new mothers, and expectant mothers with high risk pregnancies.
Our staff will work with each of our clients to understand their unique care needs and form a care plan that accommodates their needs and their schedule. Our caregivers can be at your home for certain hours of the day and we can also provide 24-hour care if needed.
Why Home Health Care from Assisting Hands?
When adults need care in their homes, it can be difficult for their families to provide them with adequate care. Depending on the care needs of your or your loved one, providing care can be a full-time job for a family caregiver.
Assisting Hands is an accredited home care agency that can provide quality home health care services. Each of our caregivers have undergone the proper background checks and they are licensed to provide a range of non-medical care services. You can trust our caregivers to provide quality care in your home and treat you with compassion and respect
Trusted Home Health Care
We can provide non-medical assistance in your home including help with activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) that are important to maintain independence in the home. Our home health care plans can include the following:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Bathing and showering: Our caregivers can help those who need assistance bathing or showering.
- Personal hygiene and grooming: We can help you take care of necessary grooming activities such as brushing your teeth and combing your hair.
- Dressing: Our caregivers can help you get dressed each morning and at night before bed.
- Transferring: If your mobility is limited, we can help you move around the home, shift positions in bed, and get up from the bed, couch, or wheelchair.
- Incontinence: Our caregivers can help those who struggle with incontinence in a respectful and dignified manner.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Self-care Tasks for Independence
- Medication reminders: It is very important for seniors, those with medical conditions, and those returning from the hospital to take their medication. Our caregivers will provide medication reminders to ensure that the right dose is taken at the right time.
- Meal preparation: If you cannot prepare your own meals, our caregivers can prepare meals for you each day. We will handle the cooking and cleaning and ensure that your meals account for your dietary restrictions.
- Light housekeeping: We can help keep the home clean by helping out with certain light housekeeping duties.
- Transportation: If you cannot drive, our caregivers can provide transportation to take you anywhere you need to go including family gatherings, doctor appointments, and other important events.
- Errands: Our caregivers can also help with necessary errands including grocery shopping and prescription pickups.
If you or a loved one in Wheeling, IL needs home health care services on a temporary or full-time basis, contact Assisting Hands Home Care. A member of our staff will come to your home and assess your care needs so we can create a care plan and place a caregiver in your home.
You can reach us at (847) 462-4402 for more information.