The senior citizen population is growing fast as more people in the baby boomer generation are reaching their golden years.
And as more people reach retirement age, they are choosing to age in place in their homes, leading to an increase in demand for in-home care services.
Aging in place instead of living in a nursing home gives senior citizens more freedom and control in their lives, yet they may still need assistance for certain daily activities.
Some seniors can no longer drive or handle basic housekeeping duties, and others may need assistance for personal activities like bathing and getting dressed.
Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago provides in-home health care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Westmont, IL to help them live safely and comfortably in their own homes.
When an elderly relative needs home care assistance, the family typically comes up with a solution using one of three different options.
One option is to have a family member provide care as an informal caregiver.
However, being an informal caregiver is highly stressful and the caregiver may not have time to attend to their own personal life.
Hiring a caregiver directly is another option, but this makes the family responsible for the hiring, training, and insurance for the caregiver.
The best option is to work with a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago because we can assign licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers who are already well trained.
Each of our caregivers are screened before they are hired so we can ensure that we send only the highest qualified caregivers into the home of your loved ones.
We provide the following home health care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Westmont, IL:
- Personal Assistance: Many senior citizens have difficulty with certain personal activities, including matters of personal hygiene. We can provide personal assistance for anything from restroom use to help getting out of bed.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will prepare regular meals to ensure that your loved ones are eating regularly and getting the nutrition they need.
- Errands and Transportation: We can take care of necessary errands such as grocery shopping if your loved ones don’t drive, as well as provide rides so they don’t miss a doctor appointment or family event.
- Light Housekeeping: As seniors get older, they may have a hard time doing certain household chores. We can do some light housekeeping to keep the home neat and clean.
- Companionship: Being a social companion for your loved one is one of the most important aspects of our job. We will engage your loved ones in conversation and other activities to help form a personal relationship.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We can provide effective care for those affected by dementia or Alzheimer’s disease that includes memory exercises to help improve memory.
- Respite Care: If you have a designated family caregiver that needs scheduled breaks, we can provide relief with our respite care services.
- Post-Operative Care: Going through surgery can be a very difficult experience for senior citizens, and if they suffer any setbacks, the recovery process may be much longer. We can help keep your loved ones comfortable after surgery and help them focus on their recovery.
Reliable Home Care Services
If you want to have our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago provide home care services for your loved one, contact us to set up an in-home evaluation.
Our representative will do a thorough safety evaluation of your loved one’s home, and assess their specific care needs.
We will then create a care plan with the help of you and your loved one that effectively covers their unique needs, and work out a schedule for our caregivers.
Our care plans are always flexible so that they can be changed when the care needs of your loved ones change.
Give Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago a call at (630) 413-9899 for more information about our in-home health care services in Westmont, IL.