Aging in place has become the preferred option for the baby boomer generation as many of them are choosing to stay in their own homes when they reach retirement age.
By staying at home instead of going to a retirement home or assisted living facility, seniors can preserve some of their independence and maintain more control over their daily lives.
Living at home can be a challenge, however, as physical and mental limitations make household chores and even personal hygiene very difficult. It helps for seniors to have someone to assist them with their housekeeping, errands, and personal hygiene if necessary.
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we can help senior citizens in Willowbrook, IL who have chosen to age in place with our in-home care services.
There are three different ways that a family can provide care for senior relatives who have chosen to age in place.
One solution is to designate a family member to be a caregiver, but this can be very demanding and stressful for that family member.
Another common option is for families to hire a caregiver directly, but this makes those families responsible as that caregiver’s employer.
More families are choosing to work with home care agencies like Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago that can provide licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers.
We carefully screen all of our caregivers to ensure that they can provide quality home care services while treating your family members with compassion and respect. Our caregivers are also dedicated to being a good friend and companion for your loved ones.
The in-home care services that we provide for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Willowbrook, IL include the following:
- Personal Assistance: As people age, they may have more difficulty with personal activities such as getting dressed, using the restroom, or even getting out of bed. Our caregivers can help with many personal activities from getting up to matters of personal hygiene.
- Meal Preparation: Many senior citizens do not get enough nutrition due to a loss of appetite or an inability to prepare their own food. We will prepare daily meals and also take care of the cleanup.
- Errands and Transportation: If your loved one no longer drives, we can provide transportation to help run errands and get them to doctor’s appointments, family gatherings, and other important events.
- Light Housekeeping: Physical limitations make it very difficult to clean and maintain the home. Our caregivers can handle light housekeeping duties including dusting, laundry, and emptying trash.
- Companionship: Being a good companion for your loved one is one of the most important aspects of our home care services. Our caregivers will form a social connection with your loved ones through good conversation and other engaging activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained to provide memory care services for those who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease or dementia which can help improve memory.
- Respite Care: As mentioned above, being a family caregiver is demanding and these demands can prevent family caregivers from tending to their own personal matters. Our respite care services provide scheduled breaks for family caregivers.
- Post-Operative Care: The recovery process after surgery can be difficult for anyone, especially senior citizens. We provide post-operative care that includes medication reminders and condition monitoring to help your loved ones make a strong recovery.
Trusted Home Care Assistance
We start our in-home care services by sending a representative to the home of your loved one for a safety evaluation and an assessment of their care needs.
After this assessment, we work out a care plan with you and your loved one that covers these needs, as well as a schedule for our caregivers.
We understand that the care needs of your loved ones may change at any time and we make sure our care plans are flexible so they can be adjusted to accommodate any changes.