Within families, people tend to have the most respect for their elderly relatives. This is because their elderly family members came before them and sacrificed a lot throughout the years.
When elderly relatives reach the point in their lives when they need daily care, many family members will take it upon themselves to provide that care themselves instead of placing them in an assisted living facility or retirement home.
Such a decision is admirable but providing informal care to a loved one can be rather stressful for the family caregiver. They will have to dedicate their free time to being a caregiver, and this can hinder the caregiver’s own health and well being.
Assisting Hands Home Care can help your family with this through the elderly home care services in La Grange IL that we offer. We employ specially trained caregivers who will provide your elderly loved ones with quality care services that allow them to age within the comfort of their homes. Furthermore, our caregivers have all been screened and are bonded, insured, and licensed. This ensures that only the best, most qualified caregivers work with your loved ones.
Elderly Care Services in La Grange, IL, Provided by Assisting Hands
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we know that everyone has their own unique care needs. This is exactly why we take the time to work with every client and their family to develop a care plan that thoroughly addresses the elderly individual’s needs. Within our elderly care services, you can expect the following:
- 24-hour home care
- Care management
- Errands and transportation
- Help with personal activities
- Light housekeeping
- Live-in care
- Meal preparation
The following specialized care services are usually included within our senior care plans:
- Personal Care and Grooming: Our caregivers will help seniors with personal care and grooming tasks: restroom use, bathing, dressing, and more.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care at Home: Our caregivers will provide seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia with specialized care services. We will engage clients in memory care exercises that are designed to lessen memory loss.
- Fall Prevention: Our caregivers will clear tripping hazards from the client’s home to prevent seniors from falling, which is a leading cause of injuries.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will cook and prepare meals for elderly individuals on a daily basis to ensure they are properly nourished.
- Transportation and Errands: Our caregivers will provide seniors with transportation to wherever they need: medical appointments, family gatherings, events, to run errands, and more.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will do light housekeeping, such as vacuuming and laundry, to keep clients’ homes clean.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will be companions to your loved ones, engaging them in conversation and fun games and activities.
- Post-Surgical Care: Our caregivers will provide after surgery care to individuals who recently had surgery, helping them recover while avoiding setbacks.
- Hospice Care: Our caregivers will provide individuals with limited life expectancy or a terminal illness with compassionate hospice care to ensure they’re able to live their last days with dignity.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have an elderly relative in need of care services, then call Assisting Hands Home Care in La Grange, IL, at (630) 352-3656. We employ compassionate, skilled caregivers who will provide your loved ones with quality care and treat them with respect and patience. We also take the time to update families on the health status of your elderly loved one.