Many developments have been made for in-home senior care services. Such services help senior citizens with various tasks they cannot physically handle anymore, allowing them to age in place.
But there’s one necessity basic in-home care services cannot cover: one’s need for social companionship. Unfortunately, some seniors live on their own, and it can be a difficult situation for them — particularly if their spouse has passed. Social companionship is imperative for senior citizens’ well-being.
In fact, research shows that senior citizens can enhance their health and longevity with good companionship. We value social companionship at Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, so to provide companion care, our care professionals engage our clients with social activities and develop personal relationships with them.
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we employ caregivers who provide exceptional in-home care in Downers Grove, IL and treat your loved ones with care and compassion, making them great home companions.
As senior citizens age, they can have a difficult time visiting family and friends on a regular basis. This makes it very likely for them to lose social connections.
But our caregivers can help reengage your loved one’s social life through social interaction, such as quality conversation and socially engaging activities.
If you have any concerns about an elderly family member who lives alone, our senior companion services can be a great fit. A good companion for your loved one can ease your worries.
The following activities are included in our companion care services:
- Friendly Conversation: Regularly engaging in conversation, our senior companions will be supportive and friendly. To develop an engaging dialogue, our clients will be encouraged to converse about past experiences, friends, and family.
- Social Activity Planning: With several limitations, senior citizens may have trouble regularly participating in social activities. Our senior companions will assist in planning and encouraging social activities including seeing family or friends, taking shopping trips, or going on a vacation.
- Encourage Exercise: Everyone should engage in consistent exercise, especially seniors. Senior citizens may improve their overall mobility and health by exercising regularly. Knowing this, our care professionals will encourage clients to go on walks with them and to do light exercise.
- Stimulate Active Thinking: Seniors can hinder mental decline with active thinking and mental engagement, so we will use games, hobbies, and other activities to keep your loved ones’ minds stimulated and engaged.
- Lifelong Companion: Our caregivers may be employed to provide companion care, but it is more than just a job. Our senior companions truly care about our clients and want to be a legitimate lifelong companion to your loved one.
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we can help your elderly family member who lives alone through our companion care services.
Your loved one will be provided with a companion who will engage in quality regular social interaction that keeps them stimulated while also improving their well-being and reducing loneliness.