Many baby boomers are seen as independent and resilient, but as they age, many are forced to receive some sort of assistance in order to get through their days safely. Rather than moving into a retirement home, many seniors are opting to receive in-home care to meet their needs.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we offer non-medical home health care services to seniors (as well as others in need) in the Downers Grove, IL, area in DuPage County (See Full List of Services Areas).
Through these services, our caregivers provide essential assistance in the comfort of the client’s home. Whether you need a helping hand with housekeeping, preparing meals, transportation, or similar tasks, we will happily provide it.
Experienced Caregivers You Can Trust
Our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured to assist individuals with their non-medical care requirements.
For example, this means that we cannot change bandages or provide injections, but we can help with medication reminders, getting to and from the doctor’s office, and rehabilitation exercises.
Our caregivers are also trained in CPR and first aid and undergo a stringent screening process before being allowed to provide any care services to clients.
We are committed to providing high-quality care and companionship for your loved ones.
Home Care Services in Downers Grove, IL
There are a number of tasks and activities that our caregivers can assist you with. To make sure that we meet your specific needs, we sit down with your loved one who will receive the services, as well as family members, to determine these requirements. Our home health care plan can include the following:
- Transfer assistance around the home
- Meal preparation that takes into account any dietary restrictions
- Assistance with bathing, showering, and taking care of personal hygiene
- Transportation services (for example, we can pick up groceries for the client, or drive them to doctor’s appointments)
- Assistance with daily routines
- Help with getting dressed and changing outfits
- Light housekeeping (e.g. vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dusting, doing laundry, washing dishes, etc.)
- Incontinence care
- Restroom assistance (from minimal to full assistance)
- Help with grooming and maintaining a quality personal appearance
Additionally, we offer our clients companionship, as many individuals who cannot care for themselves or get out of the home regularly are at risk of depression. We participate in engaging pastimes (like card games) and conversations to keep your loved ones mentally and emotionally stimulated.
At the end of the day, we want to get to know our clients and make them feel better.
Through these services, we aim to provide quality care to individuals in need in the Downers Grove, IL, area. If you or a loved one could benefit from these services, we encourage you to give us a call and develop a personalized in-home care plan.
Call Assisting Hands to Book a Complimentary In-Home Consultation
To learn more about our non-medical home health care services, or to schedule an appointment, contact our Assisting Hands Home Care representatives at (630) 413-9899.
- Non-Medical Home Health Care Services in Brookfield, IL
- Non-Medical Home Care Services in Hinsdale, IL
- Non-Medical Home Health Care Services in La Grange, IL
- Non-Medical Home Health Care Services in Oak Brook, IL
- Non-Medical Home Health Care in Cook County, IL area
- Non-Medical Home Health Care in DuPage County, IL area