Seniors who choose to age in place in their homes want to live more independently than they would at a retirement home or assisted living community, but they may still need some assistance to make it possible.
Limited mobility can make many daily tasks too difficult to handle from basic housekeeping to personal hygiene, and mental limitations make additional help even more necessary.
Reliable Home Health Care in Clarendon Hills, IL
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care provide complete in-home health care services in Clarendon Hills, IL to help senior citizens and adults with disabilities live safely in their homes.
There are three main options that families choose from to provide care for an elderly or disabled family member.
Some families will designate a family member to be an informal caregiver while others will hire a professional caregiver either independently of through a home care agency.
Having a family member act as the caregiver is the most cost effective option, but this is a demanding and stressful task.
Hiring an independent caregiver costs less then working with a home care agency, but home care agencies like Assisting Hands Home Care can provide highly trained caregivers who are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection.
Each of our caregivers goes through an intense screening process so that we only hire caregivers who have the skills and the personality to provide quality care and companionship for your love ones.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides complete in-home care services in Clarendon Hills, IL that consist of the following:
- Personal Assistance: Many seniors may find it difficult to take care of themselves and handle personal hygiene by themselves as they age. Our caregivers are prepared to assist with matters of personal hygiene including restroom use, bathing, and getting dressed.
- Meal Preparation: Many senior citizens are malnourished because they may lose their appetites or lose their interest in eating altogether. We will prepare meals on a daily basis to ensure that your loved ones eat regular meals and get enough nutrition.
- Errands and Transportation: Losing the ability to drive takes away some independence from senior citizens. We can help them regain that independence by taking care of necessary errands and providing rides to family events, doctor appointments, and other activities.
- Light Housekeeping: Seniors with limited mobility can no longer handle many housekeeping duties. We can take care of many light housekeeping tasks to help keep the home in great shape.
- Companionship: Providing excellent care is just one aspect of our home care services, our caregivers are also good social companions for your loved ones. Our caregivers engage your loved ones in conversation and various social activities to help build a personal relationship.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: If you have family members with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, we can provide effective care and even engage them in activities that will help improve their memory.
- Respite Care: Being a family caregiver is a demanding job that can take a lot of the caregiver’s time. We provide respite care services to relieve family caregivers so they can tend to other matters in their personal lives.
- Post-Operative Care: Adults and seniors alike could use some help when recovering from surgery. Our caregivers will help monitor conditions and take care of light housekeeping work so our clients can focus on their recovery.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we start our in-home care services in Clarendon Hills, IL by visiting the home of the client for a safety evaluation and an assessment of their specific care needs.
After we finish our safety evaluation of the home and determine the care needs of the client, we will create a complete care plan with the help of the loved ones and their families.
We will make sure the care plan covers the unique care needs of the clients, and our care plans are also flexible so they can be adjusted when care needs change.
A caregiver will be chosen based on who we believe can provide the best care and companionship for your loved ones.
If your loved ones in Clarendon Hills, IL could benefit from professional home care services to help them age in place, contact Assisting Hands Home Care. You can reach us at (630) 413-9899 to schedule a consultation for our services.