The senior citizen population is growing quickly because of the baby boomer generation, and many of this new generation of seniors are choosing to age in place instead of going to a retirement home or assisted living facility.
Aging in place gives senior citizens more independence and control over their own lives, but they may still need some assistance.
Daily tasks like cooking and basic housekeeping may become too difficult for some to manage, and others may need help with matters of personal hygiene as well.
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago, we can help senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Oak Brook, IL remain in their own homes with our in-home health care services.
Families provide care for elderly or disabled family members by hiring an independent caregiver directly, choosing a family member to be an informal caregiver, or working with a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago to assign highly qualified caregivers.
Hiring a direct caregiver or choosing a family member to provide care are the more cost-effective options, but there are added benefits to working with a care agency.
The caregivers of Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago are licensed, bonded, and insured which gives you more protection than with an independent caregiver, and we screen and train each of our caregivers to ensure that they provide excellent care services.
We will also choose a caregiver who we believe will provide the best care and companionship for your family members.
We provide a range of in-home health care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Oak Brook, IL that include the following:
- Personal Assistance: Certain personal tasks such as bathing and using the restroom may become difficult for some seniors to handle. We can help our clients with a variety of personal activities like using the restroom, bathing, and getting dressed.
- Meal Preparation: It is common for senior citizens to become malnourished because of a lack of appetite or disinterest in eating. Our caregivers will prepare meals daily to ensure that your loved ones get regular meals.
- Errands and Transportation: For seniors who no longer drive, we can provide transportation to get them to appointments and events, and take care of important errands like grocery shopping.
- Light Housekeeping: Many housekeeping tasks can become difficult for seniors as they age. Our caregivers can take care of light housekeeping duties like vacuuming, dusting, laundry, and dishes to keep the home clean.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are not only committed to providing excellent care for your loved ones, but also to being a friend and companion. We will establish a personal connection with your loved ones and engage them in conversation and other social activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: You can trust our caregivers to provide care for your loved ones with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease and help improve their memory with various activities.
- Respite Care: Acting as a caregiver for a family member is physically and emotionally draining. With our respite care services, we can provide scheduled relief for a family caregiver.
- Post-Operative Care: Going through surgery is a difficult experience and if you try to do too much, you could have a setback in your recovery. We can provide basic care that includes light housekeeping to help our clients get back on their feet after surgery.
Trusted Home Care Assistance in Oak Brook, IL
If you have a family member in Oak Brook, IL that could benefit from our home care services, contact Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago for a consultation.
We will send a representative to the home of your loved ones to do a safety evaluation and determine their unique care needs.
After our evaluation, we will sit down with you and your loved ones to form a care plan and schedule with the flexibility to change with your loved one’s current care needs.
We will then match you with a caregiver that can provide quality care and excellent companionship.
You can call Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago at (630) 413-9899 to set up a consultation or learn more about our in-home health care services in Oak Brook, IL.