Assisting Hands Home Care can help seniors and adults receiving care at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, Illinois with our patient sitter and transitional care services. We can provide supplemental care and companionship without interfering with nurses and doctors.
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital Downers Grove, Illinois
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, IL has board certified physicians that provide everything from immediate care to treatment and surgery. They have a nation leading heart institute, cancer institute with minimally invasive technology, brain and spine institute that uses 3D and robotic technology, and an orthopedic center. They also have a women’s health center that provides same day mammogram results.
Patient Sitters and Hospital Sitters
During a hospital stay, patients may not get the most attentive care as nurses and doctors are constantly on the move visiting with different patients. For seniors and adults, having some extra care and assistance while in the hospital can be beneficial. Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care can help by providing hospital and patient sitter services in Downers Grove, Illinois. We will not provide full on care but instead provide companionship and assistance to ensure comfort. We will also be an advocate for patients and call the nurse or doctor when needed. Our hospital sitters will not interfere with the care provided by the nurses or doctors and only provide care that is not their responsibility.
Our patient sitters can provide the following:
- Personal Care: We can help with personal care and activities of daily living (ADLs) including restroom use, transferring, and eating.
- Companionship: We will be a companion to you or your loved one while in the hospital and provide friendly company.
- Fall Prevention: With our assistance getting into and out of the bed and to and from the restroom, we can help avoid falls and injuries.
- Respite Care: if your or your loved one gets additional care and assistance from a relative while in the hospital, we can provide respite care to take over care and give your relative a break.
- 24/7 Care and Overnight Care: Our hospital sitters can be with you or your loved ones through the night or 24 hours a day if needed.
Returning home from the hospital after a sickness or surgery is not always easy, especially for seniors. Patients are often not fully recovered when discharged and they need to follow the discharge instructions from their doctor to continue their recovery. If discharge instructions are not followed, there is a high risk of a setback that can put the patient back in the hospital.
Assisting Hands Home Care can help seniors and adults as they return home from the hospital with our transitional care services. We will help ensure that you follow your discharge instructions and aid in your recovery by doing the following:
- We will listen to your discharge instructions from your doctor to understand what needs to be done. We will also communicate these instructions to you and your family.
- We can bring you back home safely from the hospital by providing transportation.
- We will help schedule follow up appointments.
- We will pick up prescriptions and provide medication reminders to ensure that medications are taken correctly and at the right time.
- We can take care of faxing paperwork to your primary care physician including new prescriptions and discharge orders.
- We can help pick up or coordinate the delivery of any medical equipment you need.
- We can make adjustments around your home to ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
- We can help with important errands including grocery shopping.
- We will provide meal preparation that follows dietary restrictions.
- We can keep the home clean with certain light housekeeping tasks.
- We will provide personal care and help with ADLs including restroom use, dressing, and transferring.
Going through surgery is difficult and it can take some time to recover afterwards, especially for seniors. Patients need to make sure they get enough rest and follow their discharge instructions after surgery to make a full recovery and avoid setbacks. Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care can provide post-hospital care to ensure that you or your loved ones follow your discharge instructions and get enough rest to recover.
Our post-hospital care services consist of the following:
- Assistance with ADLs: We can help with ADLs including restroom use, getting dressed, and transferring.
- Companionship: We will be a companion as well as a caregiver and engage you or your loved ones in friendly conversations and fun activities.
- Fall Prevention: We can help you or your loved ones move throughout the home and get into and out of bed to prevent falls.
- Non-Medical Transportation: We can take you or your loved ones to doctor appointments and rehab in non-emergency situations.
- 24/7 Care: If 24-hour supervision and care is needed after surgery, we can provide 24-hour care.
- Overnight Home Care: We can be awake and present throughout the night if you or your loved ones can’t be alone at night.
- Respite Care: If a relative is providing after surgery care for you or your loved one, we can provide respite care to allow them a break.
Hospital Sitting and Transitional Care from Assisting Hands Home Care
If you or a love one is a patient at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, IL, Assisting Hands Home Care can help with hospital sitting, transitional care, and after-surgery care. Our caregivers will help make your hospital stay more comfortable and aid in your recovery when you transition home. Give us a call at (630) 413-9899 to learn more.
Assisting Hands Home Care does not have an organic relationship with Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, IL nor are we endorsed by this institution.
We also serve the following hospital and rehab centers: