At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help seniors and adults in the AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange with our patient sitter and post hospital care services. Our caregivers will help with medication reminders and discharges without interrupting the work of the doctors and nurses.
AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange
AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange is a faith-based care organization that follows both Catholic and Adventist traditions. This licensed, state-of-the-art facility has 196 beds and the latest equipment in emergency medical and surgical care including da Vinci Robotic Assisted Surgery. AMITA La Grange also has top specialists and provides orthopedic care, neurological care, heart and vascular care, medical lab and imaging, women’s services, and more.
Patient Sitters and Hospital Sitters
If you or a loved one is in the hospital for an extended stay due to an illness or surgery, our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care can provide personal care and assistance. Our hospital sitters are more like patient advocates than full on caregivers as we will provide companionship and help keep patients comfortable. When they need attention, we will call the nurse. Our patient sitters will not do anything that interferes with the work of the nurse and will only provide care and assistance that is not the responsibility of the nurse.
Our hospital sitters can help with the following:
- Personal Care: We can help with activities of daily living (ADLs) including using the restroom, getting dressed, getting into and out of bed, and eating.
- Companionship: Our hospital sitters act as a companion to you or your loved ones while in the hospital and will engage in friendly conversation and other activities if possible.
- 24/7 Care and Overnight Care: Our hospital sitters can be present through the night to ensure you or your loved one is not alone, and we also provide 24/7 care.
- Respite Care: If a relative is keeping your loved ones company in the hospital, we can take over to give the family caregiver a break.
- Fall Prevention: Our hospital sitters will help you or your loved ones move between the hospital bed and bathroom to prevent falls and injuries.
Transitioning back home from the hospital requires patients to follow their discharge instructions, including taking their medications and taking care of themselves. Re-hospitalization is common, especially among seniors, but if you follow your discharge instructions, you can avoid this.
Our professionals can provide transitional care for you or your loved ones to ensure that you follow your discharge instructions:
- We will listen to your doctor to understand the discharge instructions and communicate them to the patient and their family.
- We can provide transportation from the facility back to the home.
- We will help set up a follow up appointment with your doctor.
- We can pick up prescriptions, explain how to take them, and ensure you take them at the right time.
- We can fax your discharge orders and new prescriptions to your primary care physician.
- We will help with or coordinate the delivery of medical equipment needed.
- Your home will be set up to provide a safe environment.
- We can help with meal preparation and buying groceries.
- We can keep the home clean with various light housekeeping tasks.
- We will help with ADLs including bathing, dressing, and others.
Post Hospital Care
- Assistance with ADLs: We will help with ADLs such as getting dressed and using the restroom.
- Companionship: We will be a companion as well as a caregiver for you or your loved ones.
- 24-Hour Care: We can provide care 24 hours a day following a surgery if you or your loved one is high risk.
- Overnight Care: We can stay with you or your loved one overnight to provide any care and assistance they need.
- Respite Care: If your relatives are providing care for your loved one after surgery, we can give them relief with our respite care services.
- Fall Prevention: We can help you or your loved ones move around the home after surgery to prevent falls and injuries.
- Non-Emergency Transportation: We can provide non-emergency transportation to and from doctor appointments and rehab.
Hospital Sitting and Transitional Care from Assisting Hands Home Care
If you or your loved one is at AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center in La Grange, Illinois for a surgery or illness, our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care can provide additional care and companionship. We offer hospital sitting, transitional care, and post hospital and after surgery home care. Give us a call at (630) 413-9899 for more about these services.
Assisting Hands Home Care does not have an organic relationship with AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center in La Grange, IL nor are we endorsed by this institution.
We also serve the following hospital and rehab centers: