Senior citizens often have difficulties performing everyday activities they were once used to doing, such as dressing, bathing, and simply getting out of bed.
Whether this is due to mental disabilities or physical limitations, such tasks may not be realistic to do without help. Losing the ability to do these necessary activities hinders an elderly person’s ability to live independently in his/her own home. Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago can help by providing personal assistance and care services in Downers Grove, IL.
Our care professionals will aid your loved ones and take care of daily activities they cannot do on their own. This service is meant to help restore a sense of independence for your loved ones and to give you peace of mind knowing they have assistance.
The caregivers we employ have been carefully screened. As such, the personal care assistants we provide through our service can be trusted to treat your loved ones well while providing them with great care.
To ensure necessary care is provided, we work with every family to develop a care plan that caters to a particular client’s needs. The following tasks are included in our personal assistance service:
- Help with Morning and Evening Routines: Whether it be getting in or out of bed or daily hygiene routines, we will help your loved one every morning and night.
- Transfer Assistance: We are capable of safely assisting people who have trouble getting out of bed or getting up from a wheelchair.
- Bathing and Showering: Bathing is important for senior citizens, but such a task may be dangerous or difficult for them. Our care professionals will help your loved one take a bath or shower.
- Restroom Use: Whether minimal or full assistance is needed, we help clients who need assistance using the restroom.
- Dressing: Our caregivers help clients get dressed for the day and undressed before going to bed at night.
- Personal Appearance: No matter their age, people want to look good and take pride in their appearance. As such, our care professionals will help your loved one with grooming to maintain his/her personal appearance.
- Incontinence Care: If your loved one has incontinence issues, we can assist them by helping change and clean their clothes.
As part of our personal care services, Assisting Hands Home Care – Chicago also provides the following:
- Meal Preparation: By preparing healthy meals, our caregivers can guarantee your loved ones will be nourished properly. This service includes shopping for groceries, cooking the food, serving the meals, helping with feeding, and cleaning up.
- Grocery Shopping: From food to medications, our caregivers take responsibility for grocery shopping for your loved one.
- Light Housekeeping: We are aware of how dirty or unsanitary living conditions can harm your loved one’s health. That is why we do moderate housekeeping activities: dishwashing, dusting, linen changing, mopping, and vacuuming. We want your loved one to live in a clean, comfortable environment.
- Companionship: For seniors aging in place, loneliness can often be one of the most difficult parts. But our care professionals are devoted to being both a good companion for and a trusted caregiver to your loved one. We give your loved ones much-needed camaraderie and stimulate their minds by engaging in conversation and doing recreational activities, like playing card games.
With personalized home care assistance that is performed with respect and compassion, our caregivers are committed to give your loved one care that best suits their needs.