During their golden years, seniors will often have to make some sacrifices due to old age. One privilege many seniors give up is driving, but their homes are one thing that many are not giving up. Seniors are choosing to continue to live in their homes so that they can remain in a comfortable place while they age instead of in a nursing home or assisted living facility. With this choice, seniors are keeping some of their independence.
However, even within the comfort of their own homes, a lot of seniors are going to need some level of care in order to safely live their daily lives. In some cases, elderly individuals receive care from their family members. In other cases, relatives don’t have the time or resources to help their elderly loved ones in that manner. When this occurs, families turn to in-home care services to get their elderly relatives the care they need at home.
Senior Home Care Services in Downers Grove, IL
Serving Downers Grove, Illinois, Assisting Hands Home Care provides elderly individuals in need with senior home care services to ensure they can safely live at home. We meet with the client and their family to establish the senior’s care needs, allowing us to create a care plan that caters to their needs. If any changes need to be made to the care plan, we can meet them.
Seniors will receive quality care from our well trained, certified caregivers who have been properly insured, licensed, and bonded. All of the caregivers who we employ have also passed a background check, so you can trust them to have the skills and compassion to work with your loved ones. Additionally, our caregivers have first aid and CPR training and they know what to do in emergencies.
Complete Senior Care
We provide various care activities as part of our senior care services, and we will personalize these services to ensure your loved one’s needs are met. We assess your loved one’s care needs during the assessment conducted at our initial meeting and apply that information when developing the care plan. Our senior care services can include the following assistance:
- Daily Routine Assistance: Chronic conditions and/or physical or mental limitations can make it difficult for seniors affected to do their daily routines: bathing, dressing oneself, getting up and into bed, and more. Our caregivers will help with these routine tasks to make life easier for seniors.
- Transfer Assistance: Seniors may have a tough time getting out of bed and moving around the home, but our caregivers will help with that to make sure they’re safe.
- Bathing and Showering: Bathing and showering can be difficult and dangerous for seniors to do, but our caregivers will help so that they can maintain their hygiene.
- Restroom Use: Whether seniors need partial help or full assistance with using the restroom, our caregivers will provide assistance.
- Getting Dressed: After waking up and before going to bed, our caregivers will help your loved ones get dressed.
- Personal Appearance: To help them maintain their personal appearance, our caregivers assist elderly individuals with personal hygiene and grooming activities.
- Incontinence Care: If a senior is affected by incontinence, our caregivers can help them clean up and change when there is an accident.
In addition to the personal care we provide within our services, we can also include the following:
- Meal Preparation: Accounting for any dietary restrictions that seniors may have, our caregivers take the time to prepare proper, nutritious meals and clean up afterward.
- Transportation: Whether it’s to make it to family gatherings, go to medical appointments, or just to run some errands, our caregivers will provide seniors with transportation to wherever they need to go.
- Light Housekeeping: To keep the home clean and limit the amount of physical work seniors have to do themselves, our caregivers will do some light housekeeping.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will also be companions to your elderly loved ones. Without enough socialization, seniors may begin to feel lonely or even become depressed. Our caregivers will combat that by getting to know them, engaging in conversation and various fun activities.
Contact Assisting Hands for a Free In-Home Consultation
With our senior home care services in Downers Grove, IL, Assisting Hands Home Care can provide assistance to your elderly loved ones in their homes. Our caregivers are compassionate and well trained and will provide seniors with exceptional care. Call (630) 413-9899 to learn more about the senior home care services that Assisting Hands Home Care provides in Downers Grove, IL.