Night Sitter for the Elderly from Assisting Hands La Grange IL
During the daytime, it is easier for a family member to provide care for an elderly relative. But come nighttime, it can be more difficult to make sure your elderly loved one gets the care that they need. Family caregivers usually go to their own homes in the evening, and this leaves senior relatives in their home alone.
In the case that family caregivers do stay at home with their loved one, they will still need to get sleep. Because of this, the family caregiver will not necessarily be available to immediately help with emergencies in the middle of the night.
With Assisting Hands overnight care for elderly services in La Grange IL, we will send overnight caregivers to your loved one’s home to assist them during the nighttime.
We employ caregivers in La Grange IL who are bonded, insured, and licensed to provide seniors and disabled adults with quality overnight care services.
With these services, an overnight caregiver comes to the client’s home at night and will be available to help them with their nighttime routine. Furthermore, they will stay up throughout the night so that they can provide assistance or respond to any emergencies.
Depending on preference, the caregiver can either stay in the client’s room during the night or in another place in the residence, available to help when needed.
Within our overnight care services, the following are generally included:
- Assistance with bedtime routines: bathing, getting dressed, and more
- Assistance with getting in and out of bed
- Assistance with medications
- Assistance with bathroom use
Seniors who deal with the following can find our overnight care services to be especially beneficial:
- Loss of Vision: A lot of elderly individuals have conditions that lead to impaired vision, such as cataracts and glaucoma. As such, it can be dangerous for seniors with impaired vision to move around their homes at night. Our caregivers will be there to help them safely move throughout their home and get to the bathroom at night.
- Falls: It is dangerous for seniors who are prone to falling to walk around their home at night. Our caregivers will be there to help them get around and prevent falls.
- Post-Surgery: If an elderly individual recently had surgery, then they can find a lot of discomfort in trying to sleep. Our caregivers will be there to help seniors switch sleeping positions at night so they can sleep comfortably.
- Dementia: Seniors who are Alzheimer’s patients have a tendency to aimlessly wander throughout their home, and this is particularly dangerous at night. Our caregivers will be there to make sure they’re safe and help them return to bed.
Families can feel nervous about leaving their elderly relatives alone in their home at night because no one is available to help them or respond to any emergencies. With our overnight care services, we can provide elderly individuals with an overnight caregiver to help with anything they need throughout the night.