It is natural for families to step in and help when their elderly relatives reach a point where they need care in their homes. While it is possible for family members to help with chores, rides, and other simple tasks, it is not always realistic to have a family member present to help with personal care. Providing care for an elderly relative can be a full-time job, making it necessary to get outside help from a professional.
Elder Care Services in Brookfield, WI and Surrounding Areas
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we help elderly individuals in Brookfield, WI and the surrounding areas in Ozaukee, Washington and North Milwaukee Counties live at home with our elderly home care services. We start our services with a free in-home consultation to assess the care needs of your loved one and create a care plan and schedule for our services. Once the care plan is formed, we will assign a caregiver who will ensure that your loved ones get quality care and companionship in the comfort of their home.
Our caregivers have each passed a background check and they are trained, licensed, bonded, and insured to provide home care services. You can trust that our caregivers will provide high quality care for your loved ones and treat them with compassion and respect.
We customize our care plans to meet the unique care needs of each of our clients. Our elderly care services may include the following:
- Help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Errands and transportation
- Respite care
- 24-hour care
- Live-in care
The following is a more detailed explanation of the services we can include in our elderly care plans:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers can help your loved ones with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including personal hygiene, bathing, getting dressed, eating, moving around the home, and restroom use.
- Care Management: We can help coordinate the care of your loved one by working with family caregivers, taking your loved ones to doctor appointments, and providing medication reminders.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will be a companion as well as a caregiver to your loved ones. We will engage your loved ones in conversation and fun activities to get to know them and build a personal relationship.
- Fall Prevention: Falls are a leading cause of injuries among seniors. We will reduce the risk of falls in the home by helping your loved ones move around the home and removing potential trip hazards from walkways.
- Light Housekeeping: We will help your loved ones keep their home clean by taking care of housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, and laundry.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers can prepare meals for your loved ones each day that follow their dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and Errands: We can help senior citizens who no longer drive by providing them with rides to important engagements and helping them with their errands.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia need specialized care in their homes. Our caregivers have been specially trained to provide memory care services for those suffering from these conditions which include mentally stimulating activities that can help slow memory loss.
- Post-Surgical Care: We can help your loved ones make the transition back home from being in the hospital with our post-surgical care services. Our caregivers will monitor their condition and remind them to take medications to ensure a full recovery.
- Respite Care: If you have a family member providing care for an elderly loved one, they will likely need some time off. We can provide relief for family caregivers with our respite care services in which we will take over providing care to allow the family caregiver time off.
- Overnight Care: We offer overnight care services to help elderly individuals who shouldn’t be left home alone at night. Our caregiver will show up each evening and remain awake in the home until the morning to provide assistance and respond to emergencies.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: If your loved ones need someone present in their home 24 hours a day, we can help with our live-in and 24-hour care services. With our live-in care services, a caregiver will live in the home but need time to sleep at night while a caregiver is always present and awake with our 24-hour care services.
See the Full List of Services
Call Assisting Hands for a Free In-Home Assessment
Give us a call if you have elderly loved ones in the Brookfield, WI area who could benefit from our elderly care services. We will start with a free in-home assessment to evaluate your loved one’s care needs and form an effective care plan. You can contact us at (262) 753-6652 to learn more or schedule an in-home assessment.