As any other holiday, Valentine day is also special for your aging loved one. They might be celebrating their love with their partner in crime. You should make every effort to make sure the aging loved one is taken care of on this holiday as well. It’s the perfect time to show love and affection for people you care about.
If your aging loved one is celebrating it alone, missing their partner, it is an opportunity to spend quality time with them. Read on to get a few pointers on making this holiday special for them.
- Do Valentine-themed craft work Engaging aging loved one to make Valentine themed craftwork, is a real spirit lifter for them. A good way to relax and enjoy the holiday with them.
- Make Homemade treats to share Let them share their culinary skills or show them a few of your own by making some treats with them. Few ideas below.
- Watch a classic romantic movie or a romantic comedy Movies always bring back good memories and with on demand streaming it is easier than ever to watch old classic movies without leaving the comfort of your home. Find below a list of few all time classics to add to Netflix queue or Amazon video list for viewing with your aging loved one.
- When Harry Met Sally
- Dirty Dancing
- The Notebook
- Sleepless in Seattle
- My Best Friend’s Wedding
- Celebrate with their friends and community Your aging loved one would love to see their friends and community members on this Valentine day representing love.
- Arrange BYO Crockpot party
- Hot Tub party with massage
- Play Valentine theme word games
- Ice cream social
- Fun, frolic and Fondue party
Hopefully this gives you a few ideas on making this Valentine day special for your Aging Loved one. If you are unable to be with them and want help with your aging loved ones, so they can enjoy this Valentine Day, feel free to give us a call. Our trained caregivers will definitely bring the cheer on, so your aging loved ones can feel the love on this special day of celebrating love.
At Assisting Hands® Home Care, our skilled caregivers provide companionship for your loved ones and make sure they are eating right and getting the appropriate physical activity. Whether you need someone to be with you or your aging loved one during the day, in the evening or overnight, our at-home care can accommodate your needs. You will have peace of mind knowing that they aren’t home alone when they need help with medication, fall prevention, personal care, eating or other needs.