Senior Caregivers in Pewaukee, WI
The number of seniors who choose to age in place is growing rapidly, leading to a large increase in the demand for senior care services. There are a number of benefits to seniors receiving care in their own home as opposed to living at an assisted living facility or nursing home. This option allows them to maintain their independence and stay in a comfortable and familiar environment.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our caregivers help senior citizens in Pewaukee, WI and the surrounding areas age in place by providing professional home care services. We know that each senior is unique and will have their own specific needs, which is why our plans are flexible and can be customized according to those needs. The plans can also change at any time.
Our caregivers are highly skilled and undergo a thorough background check before becoming hired. They are also licensed, insured, and bonded by the company for your protection and will treat your loved one with compassion and respect. If an emergency occurs, they are CPR and First Aid-certified to alert the EMTs.
Help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
It’s common for seniors with mobility issues or cognitive limitations to experience difficulty with basic self-care tasks, known as activities of daily living (ADLs). Our caregivers can assist with all of the following:
- Restroom Use: Our caregivers can assist with restroom use as much as needed.
- Bathing and Showering: If your loved one needs help showering, we can help them as much as needed.
- Dressing: Our caregivers can help your loved one get dressed as much as needed in the morning and at night before bed.
- Personal Appearance: It’s important for all of us to maintain our personal hygiene. Our caregivers can assist with brushing teeth, combing hair, and other personal hygiene tasks.
- Incontinence Care: Our caregivers can help those dealing with incontinence issues, cleaning them up and helping them change.
- Mobility Assistance: Seniors who have difficulty getting out of their chair, bed, or recliner may need a little assistance, a task our caregivers can graciously help with.
We can also help your loved one with the following tasks:
- Meal Preparation: Seniors often experience malnutrition because they skip meals or are not eating healthy. Our caregivers can provide daily nutritious meals while taking into account any dietary restrictions.
- Transportation: If your loved one no longer drives, we can help them run their errands, including transportation to and from doctor’s appointments, the pharmacy, grocery store, and more.
- Light Housekeeping: It’s important to keep the home clean, but household chores can be difficult for seniors. Our caregivers can handle all tasks including dusting, taking out the garbage, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and more.
- Senior Companions: Our caregivers see their job as more than just work; we want to build a personal connection with your loved one. This is done by engaging them in fun activities and conversation.
See the Full List of Services
Call us for a Complimentary In-Home Consultation
If you have a loved one in Pewaukee WI area who could benefit from our senior home care services, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (262) 753-6652. We will set up a free, in-home consultation to discuss their needs.