At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide complete elderly care services for seniors in Miami, Pinecrest, Coral Gables, Kendall and surrounding areas in Miami-Dade County (See the Full List of Services Areas). Our caregivers are highly trained to provide the care and assistance your elderly loved ones need in their homes and we will always treat your loved ones with respect and compassion.
Many families will do everything they can when an elderly relative reaches a point where they need care in their home. Some families are able to step in and help their loved ones around the home or give them rides when they need to get to a doctor appointment, but it becomes more difficult for families to help when their loved ones need personal care on a daily basis. Providing care full-time for an aging loved one is simply not possible for many families to handle.
If your family is in this situation, you can still ensure that your elderly loved ones get the care they need to age in place from a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care.
Elderly Home Care Services for Miami, FL and the Surrounding Areas
Assisting Hands Home Care provides elderly care services in Miami, FL and the surrounding areas in Miami-Dade County to help seniors who have chosen to remain at home in retirement. We start by carefully assessing the care needs of your elderly loved ones and working with you and your family to form a comprehensive care plan that covers their needs. Our caregivers are trained and licensed and have each passed a background check so you can trust that they will provide effective, compassionate care.
To learn more about elderly care services in Miami and Miami-Dade County, visit the senior services page.
Elder Care from Assisting Hands
Our elder care plans are customized for each individual client to accommodate their specific care needs. The following may be included in your loved one’s care plan:
- Care Management
- Personal Care and Hygiene
- Light Housekeeping
- Errands and Transportation
- Meal Preparation
- 24-Hour Care
- Live-In Care
The following is a more in-depth look at our elder care services:
- Care Management: We can help you and your loved ones keep their care under control by managing their care plan, providing medication reminders, working with family caregivers, and providing rides to doctor appointments.
- Personal Care and Assistance: Many seniors have difficulty with activities of daily living including restroom use, bathing, and getting dressed. Our caregivers will help your loved ones with these activities.
- Fall Prevention: More seniors are injured from falls in the home than anything else. We can help reduce the risk of falls by helping your loved ones move around the home and keeping walkways clear of obstacles.
- Companionship: It is very important for the elderly to have a friend or companion, especially if they live alone. You can count on our caregivers to be a companion for your loved ones and build a personal relationship with them through conversation and fun activities.
- Meal Preparation: Getting enough nutrition is important for seniors, but many cannot cook for themselves. Our caregivers will prepare meals for your loved ones each day to ensure that they are getting their necessary nutrition.
- Transportation and Errands: We can help seniors who no longer drive by providing rides to important engagements and appointments and we can also help them with errands.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will help your loved ones keep a clean home by taking care of light housekeeping duties like laundry, vacuuming, and taking out the trash.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia need to receive care in their home where they are comfortable. Our caregivers can take effective care of those suffering from these conditions and our mentally stimulating exercises can help slow memory loss.
- Post-Surgical Care: Returning home after a hospital stay for a surgery or an illness is difficult. Our caregivers can help ease this transition by monitoring their condition and ensuring they follow the doctor’s instructions while taking care of tasks around the house.
- Respite Care: We can work with family caregivers and give them some time off with our respite care services. Our caregiver will come at regularly scheduled times to care for your loved ones while the family caregiver takes time off.
- Overnight Care: We can provide care through the night with our overnight care services if you do not want your loved ones to be alone at night. Our caregiver will show up in the evening to help them get to bed and stay awake the entire night in case their assistance is needed.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: If your loved ones need a caregiver present 24 hours a day, our live-in and 24-hour care services are ideal. We can either have a caregiver live in the home of your loved one, but they will require sleep at night, or have two caregivers switch shifts every 12 hours to ensure that an awake caregiver is always in the home.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free Consultation
If you have elderly relatives in Miami, FL or the surrounding areas who could benefit from elderly home care, call Assisting Hands Home Care for a free consultation. We will come to the home of your loved one to assess their care needs and form an appropriate care plan. Give us a call at (305) 425-1832 to set up an appointment.