We relieve senior caregiver stress on your family, in your home.
A message from Kaleb Vold – Owner, what do we do that separates us from other agencies? We relieve stress on families.
Not long ago, I received a call from a woman residing in New York whose father (living in Minnesota) needed home care. Her father was using a different home care agency at the time when I first spoke with her. The daughter was under a lot of stress because he had two Long Term Care insurance policies to pay for the home care services and both of the claims he submitted were denied.
After a closer look, turns out the home care agency he was using at that time was not reporting correctly to the insurance company or providing the appropriate cares to her father. As a result, he lost thousands of dollars having to pay privately to the home care agency without any LTC insurance reimbursement. I explained to the daughter what we needed to do; and I personally helped them through the claims process with our agency providing the cares.
We coordinated everything for her dad. We used the proper paperwork and assisted with the right ADL’s, and got him through both his policies successfully to pay for our home care services. She was so thankful for our help and her father and family became dear friends.
Here’s how we train our staff to reduce families’ stress:
All Assisting Hands Home Care in Edina staff receives advanced training in:
- CPR (certified) and First Aid (certified) taught by our own Director Of Nursing who is a Certified Instructor
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s diseases
- Hospice and Palliative Care (local Hospice experts)
- Full Time Licensed Social Worker on staff to make family recommendations and provide local resources
- Lifting and transfers
- Licensed, Bonded, Insured, and all Caregivers are Background Checked
How we use technology to relieve stress on families:
Assisting Hands Home Care in Edina offers leading edge home care technology.
- Smartphone GPS mobile technology ensuring on-time caregiver arrival and departure, family access to clients on-line calendar with real-time scheduling updates and viewing of caregiver visit notes to ensure the customized care plan is correctly followed.
- Available video monitors provide peace-of-mind and face-to-face communication with family members.
Discover the Assisting Hands Home Care Difference:
Assisting Hands Home Care in Edina sets new standards in home care with unannounced supervisory visits by administration staff; our ability to provide a caregiver within 24 hours of initial visit – sometimes the same day; and live-in and 24-hour services.
Our service plans are individualized to meet your need. We assist with the day-to-day activities such as:
- Senior In Home Care
- Elderly Care Services
- Personal Care & Grooming Services
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Additional Services
- Full List of Services
We will help you select the best matched caregiver from its pre-screened group of available assistants and can have qualified help placed in your home generally within 48 hours or less of the initial call.
Assisting Hands Home Care in Edina offers our clients personalized support services in their homes, assisting the elderly, disabled and others needing assistance to maintain quality of life. Our services support the individual’s choices and preferences in order to maintain their dignity and independence. We assist seniors, children and the disabled in a spirit of concern for their welfare, gaining satisfaction and a sense of pride for the value that we add to their lives.