Our services support the individual’s preferences in order to maintain their dignity and independence. We assist seniors, children, and the disabled in a spirit of concern for their welfare, gaining satisfaction and a sense of pride for the value that we add to their lives. If you are as passionate about helping others as we are, we’d love to talk with you about joining our team!
“Our caregiver Regina has integrated into our family and has been with us for three years. [Assisting Hands] has been caring and they find good people.”
Client, who has a live-in caregiver for his wife
“The [office staff always] explains the case to me to let me know what I am going into. They don’t send me to a case that I am not aware of.”
“Everything was beneficial about [training]. I always learn something. They say thank you all the time when they talk to me. They recognize me. I like my clients and I like that they call every day about the virus and see if my clients are okay.”
“They are very understanding, they work with me, and they are very flexible with my work schedule such as what I can and can’t do. They always tell me every day that they appreciate me.”
“The training is good, we receive training every month and I learn a lot. The most recent one was about dementia. [Communication with the office] is perfect, it is good. They make you understand what they are talking about and they talk to you.”
“I like the in-service training because they reach out to me to make sure I am knowledgeable. The [office staff] are grateful. They have packages and make sure I have my stuff to work with like gloves and hand sanitizer. They reach out to me and say the office is always open to me. I have good communication with the staff. I get a note whether it’s verbal or on the phone and I am welcome to go to the office. They send me texts and I always get reminders. They remind me the day before I work.”
“I would rate Assisting Hands higher if I could because they treat me as a friend, they are very nice. The office staff is like my sisters and my brothers, anytime I have a problem I just call them and they help me.”
Current Career Openings
Certified Caregiver NJ CHHA
Have a meaningful impact and make a difference in someone’s life helping them remain happy and at home. Assisting Hands Home Care has immediate openings for certified caregivers (CHHA) to join our growing team. Our caregivers always provide top-notch care and put the clients personal care, safety and daily needs as their top priority. They provide assistance to people who need physical or emotional support at the client’s location. Caregivers are friendly, organized and go above and beyond to make sure their client feels like they are a part of the ever-growing Assisting Hands family.
We offer flexible schedules and do our best to match caregivers with local clients.
Reports To: Director of Nursing and Office Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help clients with personal hygiene, bathing, dressing, and other daily tasks.
- Meal preparation.
- Help with general light housekeeping.
- Perform basic healthcare tasks such as basic medication reminders and taking vitals.
- Assist client with making appointments and to arrange transportation as well, caregiver may provide transportation if they choose.
- Work closely with other in-home care professionals such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, or nurses that the client may have services with.
- Observe and report client’s conditions and any changes.
- Maintain in-service education with training provided by employer.
- Promotes psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships.
- Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
- Ensure client safety at all times.
- NJ CHHA Certification required and in good standing with the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
- HS diploma required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass an extensive criminal background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must provide two personal references and two work references.
- Must have good personal hygiene.
- Must be able to physically do light housekeeping.