Bringing up the subject of home care can be a tough one. To help you make the decision, or even begin the conversation with your loved ones, take our care quiz.
- Is your loved one ill or in the hospital for an illness or surgical procedure?
- Have you thought about a post-hospital plan?
- Have there been any mishaps around the home that have been explained away?
- Are your loved ones able to safely navigate their home and do the stairs without assistance?
- Do your loved ones use their durable medical equipment (DME) (walkers, cane, etc…) correctly and as directed? Or are they still taking the trash out without using their equipment?
- Have your loved ones fallen recently?
- Are you comfortable with your loved one living independently?
- Do you struggle to balance your needs and obligations with someone else’s (going into work late to take someone to an appointment, declining invitations, etc…)
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, please reach out to us to discuss your needs. The local Assisting Hands Home Care team is available to help you make the best decisions for your situation. We have been in your shoes and take the time to listen to your needs and concerns. Our director of nursing and/or owner will gladly come out to your location to assess your needs, make personalized recommendations to allow your loved one to stay safe, Happy and at Home™ and help connect you to local resources. This will allow you to have peace of mind.
Next: What is the difference between hiring an agency or hiring someone directly?
Previous: Understanding the different types of care available.