Our goal with this information is to quickly connect you with New Jersey-based resources to assist you in your care search. If you know of a resource (health or quality of life-based) that can help someone needing care in Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean Counties, please let us know!
State and County
- National Institute on Aging, Aging in Place
- National Council on Aging
- Jersey Assistance for Community Caregiving
- New Jersey Division of Aging and Community Services, 240 West State Street, 9th Floor, Trenton, NJ 08625, (609) 943-3345,
- Mercer County Office on Aging
- Mercer County’s Aging & Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) is the doorway to information for seniors, adults with physical disabilities age 18 or older, family caregivers, and private-pay consumers to find out what is available and help them access services quickly.
- Princeton Senior Resource Center
- Monmouth County Commission on Aging has a list of all the Senior Centers in the county
- The Monmouth County Office on Aging, located in Freehold, offers a variety of services to older adults, including assistance with Medicare Part D questions.
- Ocean County Office of Senior Services
- Ocean County Resource Centers
- Brick Township Senior Outreach Services
- Jackson Township Senior Services
- Toms River Senior Services
- Daily Caring, practical tips for families caring for older adults
- Alzheimer’s Association Greater New Jersey Chapter
- Download Alzheimer’s Association Activities at Home Day Planner to help manage day-to-day life for the family and caregiver
- Join our team for the Virtual Walk to End Alzheimer’s® on 10/3/2020 and help us reach our goal of ending Alzheimer’s together
- Alzheimer’s Association Support Resources During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Alzheimer’s Association September 2020 Regional Programs
- Help to find an Alzheimer’s or dementia support group:
- Circle of Friends Virtual Dementia Support Group takes place the second Wednesday of the month specifically for those who have a loved one with dementia. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to register.
- Kat Verdi MAT, CADDCT, CDP, HTM, Master’s in the Art of Teaching, Certified Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia Care Trainer, Certified Dementia Practitioner
- Alzheimer’s Speaks Communication Tips
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Stroke Association, a division of the American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Breast Cancer- Susan G. Komen New Jersey
- Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey offers support, resources and care navigation for those with a brain injury in the Garden State.
- Brain injury support groups allow persons with brain injuries and their family members to meet others in similar situations. Find a support group in your area.
- Webinars & Workshops
- Recorded Web Based Workshop: Seniors: Keeping our Brains Safe, Active and Connected in our Homes https://youtu.be/LymujMQlnM0
- Recorded Webinar: Traumatic Brain Injury in Seniors https://bianj.org/traumatic-brain-injury-in-seniors/
- Cancer: Mary’s Place by the Sea is a respite home for women who are receiving treatment for cancer that provide services to complement their medical treatment, including oncology massage, nutrition education, individual counseling, Reiki, guided meditation, expressive writing, and yoga.
- Diabetes Foundation, is a comprehensive and reliable source of help, hope and better health for children, adults and their families living in New Jersey with education and support programs.
- Diabetes Supply Assistance Program, if you are a New Jersey resident experiencing financial hardship and are furloughed, unemployed, uninsured, or underinsured, apply for the program today.
- Good Grief, a New Jersey-based national leader in delivering grief services to children and their families.
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Association Greater New Jersey Chapter
- Complete Care at Bey Lea is offering a free, drive-thru meal pickup program for Ocean County seniors. Meals must be reserved by the Wednesday prior to Friday afternoon pick up. Please call Melissa for complete details and to make a meal reservation at (732) 240-0090.
- Complete Care Shorrock Gardens is offering free, drive-thru meal pickups for Ocean County seniors. Meals must be reserved by the Wednesday prior to Friday afternoon pick up. Please call Tina 732-451-1000 for more information and reservations.
- A Free Food Market is available in Trenton to anyone struggling to meet their family’s basic needs. No registration or ID needed. Just come to CURE Arena in Trenton on Dec 4 or Dec 18 from 12-2 p.m. to pick up free produce.
- Meals on Wheels Monmouth County
- Meals on Wheels Ocean County http://csimow.org/
- Fulfill (FoodBank of Monmouth & Ocean County) 732-918-2600
- Mercer County Nutrition Project for the Elderly: Nutritious meals are served Monday–Friday at various locations throughout Mercer County for those over 60. Contact their office for locations. Phone: 609-989-6650
- Lawrence Township Meals on Wheels: P.O. Box 6662, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648, Phone: 609-392-0001
- Meals on Wheels of Trenton/Ewing, 180 Ewingville Rd., Ewing, NJ 08550, Phone: 609-695-3483
- Mercer Street Friends Food Bank 609-406-0503
- A Need We Feed delivers hot meals to homebound seniors, veterans and children in Ocean County
Senior Living Advisor & Veteran’s Benefits
- Connie Roberson, CSA, CDP, senior living advisor, Oasis Senior Advisors Jersey Shore, 732.675.3140
- Veteran Care Services
- PsychArmor Institute is the only national institute that not only offers free online education but also has a support center staffed with mental health experts. PsychArmor coaching and support staff are dedicated to assisting military service members, Veterans, their loved ones, employers, healthcare providers, educators, and communities.
- 2020 Mental Health Summit This year we focus on suicide prevention, with keynote speaker Heidi Kraft, Ph.D. Dr. Kraft is the Chief Clinical Officer at the PsychArmor Institute. There is a Veteran panel to discuss mental health as they describe their path to recovery.
Sesame Street and PsychArmor Institute are proud to recognize November as National Family Caregivers Month, a time to celebrate the contributions of caregivers! Join them on November 17 at 2 p.m. for a panel and audience Q&A to discuss COVID-19 era and long-term family caregiving support, answer your questions, and introduce new resources created just for you. Register and come ready to name your favorite muppet!
- Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth County Ramps & Rails Program aids elderly and disabled individuals by working with them to design and build a ramp that fits their home.
- Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity Aging in Place program helps install grab bars, expands doorways, replaces old tubs with shower installs and builds ramps for seniors in the community to allow them to safely remain in their homes.
- Habitat for Humanity of Burlington & Mercer Counties Neighborhood Revitalization Program helps seniors with home accessibility, fall prevention and repairs.
- Hearing Loss-get a CapTel Captioned Telephone at no cost CapTel Info & Application
Healthy Living & Education Classes
- CentraState offers education, support groups and seminars for the community. See their offerings here.
- Capital Health offers numerous community education, group therapy and healthy living classes for the public. See their offerings here. Classes are being held online.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health offers numerous community education and healthy living classes for the public. See the full schedule and register.