How We make it happen…
An Approach. A Culture. A Feeling.
You can count on our team of Home Care professionals to deliver above and beyond “traditional home care.” Unapologetically determined, our team lives the spirit of “The Assisting Hands Way” in our beliefs and actions in order to provide the highest level of home care available today.
Our company culture represents exceptional standards and practices in today’s ever-changing caregiving industry. Our Make it Happen and Do What it Takes team approach to coordination and care is unparalleled and is fueled by our dedicated mission.
“The Assisting Hands Way” is all about the experiences of care- not just services. Our Caregivers are “heroes in disguise,” meeting people where they are at and using their gifts of compassion and skill to at- tend to and engage in the details that matter. Because we know that the little things are the big things.
It’s a sense of knowing that you have support from a care team working with you to take care of your family. It’s the reassuring feeling that those special and intangible nuances to care will be provided each and every time. It’s knowing that This Is It and No One Can Do It Better. It’s what you can’t put a price tag on. More than a way of doing, it’s a way of being. It’s how we deliver the care that we promise you.
Assisting Hands® Home Care – A Holistic Approach to Caring
- Onsite meeting with family
- Personal Care Plan developed
- Client profile matched with Caregiver skillset
- Caregiver professionalism and preparedness
We Greet You.
- Welcoming, face-to-face hello and personal greeting
- Positive attitude
- Set tone of genuine connection
- Shift transition – update and review Care Plan details
- Establish day structure with client feedback
- Ask the right questions to get to relevant issues
- Add flexibility to schedule for client as needed
- Listen/adapt according to spoken/unspoken behavior
We Get It Done.
- Assess hygiene, grooming, wardrobe
- Celebrate the art and dignity of giving choices
- We care about client comfort and make sure their needs are Are you hungry? Ready for activity?
- Credentialed in bathing, personal care
We Monitor Health.
- Reminders to take medications
- Family has peace of mind knowing medication is monitored and coordinated
We Monitor Nutrition.
- Meal logs for monitoring eating patterns
- Log erratic eating, what works and what doesn’t
- Offer balanced nutritional meal options
- Proper table settings to keep mealtime special
We Help With Chores
- Chores completed after personal care is met
- Bed linens, laundry, bathroom, trash
- Create safe, clean environment without compromising care
- Make sure familiar items are kept in close proximity
- Companionship based on spending time together
- Bond of knowing your client and what they like
- Time for chatting and reminiscing
- Assist with repetitive tasks
We Help With Bedtime.
- Kind, gentle transition to bedtime
- Ask/give choices: Blue robe or grey?
- Checklist for comfort: water by bed, phone, call buttons within reach, night lights
We Provide Continuity of Care.
- Asking “Is there anything else you need?”
- Care Plan and shift updates documented
- Familiar faces and routines are helpful and calming
- Say “goodbye” with a smile
Download: Assisting Hands Way Brochure