After you have decided the type of care needed and created a list of appropriate agencies, it’s now time to evaluate and compare them. Interview each agency and be sure to ask lots of questions.
Here are some considerations:
- Compatibility of your loved one and the caregiver?
- Willingness of loved one to accept a caregiver?
- Will the caregiver treat your loved one with respect and dignity?
- Is the caregiver qualified and capable of handling any situation that may arise?
- Can the caregiver prepare appropriate meals?
- Does your loved one need a nurse for medical treatments—dressing changes on wounds or pressure sores, IV therapy, diabetes monitoring?
- Will driving be required to do errands like shopping, going to medical appointments plus any other transportation need?
There are many other factors to consider when it comes to matching the right client with the right caregiver. Home Care Pulse™ has put together the following list, based on the feedback Home Care Pulse™ receives from caregivers and those clients receiving care services.
Hope you enjoyed the reading. Please share it, and feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific or more personal questions.