Fewer senior citizens are deciding to leave their homes when they reach retirement age and are instead choosing to age in place. By remaining in their homes after retirement, seniors are staying in a more comfortable and familiar environment than a nursing home or assisted living facility and living more independent lives.
While aging in place is a popular option, it may be difficult for most seniors to do without some type of outside assistance. Seniors may have a hard time taking care of their homes and themselves, especially if they suffer from limited cognitive and physical abilities, chronic conditions, and other illnesses. With non-medical home health care services from Assisting Hands Home Care, your senior loved ones will be able to live in their homes safely.
Quality Non-Medical Home Health Care in Boynton Beach, FL Area
Assisting Hands Home Care provides non-medical home health care services for seniors, expectant mothers and adults with disabilities in Boynton Beach, FL area. Our highly trained caregivers will ensure that your loved ones’ care needs are met, and they will also act as their social companion. The caregivers we send to your loved one’s home are licensed, insured, and bonded and they have passed a background check and completed extensive training.
What Are Home Care Services?
With our home care services, we will cover everything your loved ones may need from personal care activities, or activities of daily living (ADLs) to other necessary care activities to improve their quality of life, or instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs). We start our home care services with an in-home safety evaluation and assessment of your loved one’s care needs by a member of our staff. After the evaluation, we use our findings to create a home care plan with the help of your loved ones that will cover their unique care needs. Our home health care services typically cover the following:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Personal hygiene and grooming: Personal care tasks that many people take for granted may be difficult for seniors to do themselves. Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with their personal care activities to maintain their appearance and personal hygiene.
- Dressing: If your loved ones have difficulty getting dressed, we can help them dress in the morning and at night.
- Bathing and showering: Proper bathing is important but also difficult for some seniors to do on their own. We can provide full or partial assistance to help your loved one bathe.
- Transferring: We can help those with limited mobility get out of bed or a chair and assist them as they move around the home.
- Continence care: Our caregivers can help those with incontinence including help cleaning and changing.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Necessary Care Activities
- Meal preparation: It is important for your senior loved ones to get enough nutrition each day, but this is difficult to do if they cannot cook for themselves. Our caregivers will prepare daily meals and ensure that the meals follow your loved one’s dietary restrictions.
- Light housekeeping: We can help keep the home clean and tidy by handling light housekeeping duties including dusting, vacuuming, laundry, and others.
- Medication reminders: Our home care aides will ensure that your loved ones always take their medication at the right time.
- Errands: If your senior loved ones do not drive, we can take care of errands for them including grocery shopping and prescription pickups.
- Transportation: We can also give your senior loved ones rides to important events and appointments including family gatherings, doctor appointments, and religious services.
Please contact us if the service you need is not listed here.