It has become much more common for senior citizens to decide to age in place in their own homes than to receive care in a retirement home or assisted living facility. This is because aging in place allows seniors to retain some independence in their lives while remaining in the home that they have spent their adult lives working to earn. However, most senior citizens cannot live safely on their own.
Seniors may be dealing with chronic conditions, illnesses, and limitations in mobility and cognitive ability that make it difficult for them to take care of their homes and themselves. Assisting Hands Palm Beach can help seniors age in place by providing professional non-medical home health care services.
Non-Medical Home Health Agency Serving Palm Beach Gardens, FL Area
At Assisting Hands Palm Beach, we help senior citizens in Palm Beach Gardens, FL age in place with our non-medical home health care services. Each of our caregivers is trained, insured and licensed and they must pass an extensive background check before they are hired. Our caregivers will ensure that your loved ones get quality care in their homes and they will also act as a social companion for your loved ones to be their friend as well as their caregiver.
For professional non-medical home health care services in Palm Beach Gardens, FL area, call Assisting Hands Home Care at (561) 781-5885. Request a Free In-Home Consultation.
Our home health aides will assist your loved ones with personal care activities, or activities of daily living (ADLs) and other activities that must be done to ensure a good quality of life, or instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs). When you call us for home care services, we send a team member to the home of your loved one to determine their specific care needs and the safety of their home. We will then form a care plan with the help of you and your loved ones to ensure that we accommodate their ADLs and IADLs. Your home health care plan may include the following care activities:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Personal hygiene and grooming: Some seniors may have difficulty with grooming tasks such as brushing their teeth or combing their hair. We can help your loved ones keep up their personal appearance by assisting them with their personal hygiene activities.
- Bathing and showering: Bathing can be difficult for seniors who have mobility issues. Our caregivers will help your loved ones bathe or shower with full or partial assistance.
- Dressing: Our caregivers will help your loved ones dress in the morning and at night to get ready for bed.
- Transferring: If your loved ones have difficulty moving from place to place, we can help them get out of bed or their recliner and guide them throughout the home.
- Continence care: We are ready to help seniors dealing with incontinence issues.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Important Tasks to Preserve Independence
- Light Housekeeping: A clean home provides a safe and healthy environment, but many housekeeping tasks are difficult for seniors with physical or cognitive limitations. Our caregivers will take care of certain light housekeeping duties including laundry, vacuuming, and taking out the trash.
- Meal Preparation: We will make sure your loved ones get the nutrition they need by preparing daily meals. Our caregivers will prepare meals based on your loved one’s dietary restrictions, serve the meal, and clean up after.
- Medication reminders: So many senior citizens end up in the hospital because they forget to take their medication. Our home health aides will ensure that your loved ones always remember to take their medication.
- Errands: Our caregivers will take care of important errands such as prescription pickups and grocery shopping.
- Transportation: We can provide transportation services for seniors who don’t drive to safely get them to family gatherings, doctor appointments, religious services, and other important events.
(See the Complete List of Services)
Contact us for a Free In-Home Health Care Assessment
If you or a senior loved one could benefit from the help of our home care aides in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, give Assisting Hands Palm Beach a call at (561) 781-5885. We will help create a custom home care plan to ensure that your unique care needs are met.
- Non-Medical In- Home Health Care in Boynton Beach, FL
- Non-Medical In-Home Health Care in North Palm Beach, FL
- Non-Medical In-Home Health Care in Palm Beach and West Palm Beach , FL
- See all locations