At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide patient sitter and transitional care services to assist seniors and adults receiving care at the Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center. Our caregivers will keep you or your loved ones company and provide assistance without interrupting the care provided by the doctor and nurses during your hospital stay.
Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
The Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center has been providing quality healthcare for those in Palm Beach Gardens, FL since 1968. They were the first institution to perform open-heart surgery in Palm Beach County in 1983 and their Heart and Vascular Institute provides cardiovascular treatment including cardiac rehab, pulmonary rehab, treatment for peripheral artery disease, and cardiac catheterization lab services. They also provide a range of general healthcare services including emergency care, orthopedics, diagnostic imaging, general surgery, oncology, stroke treatment, rehabilitation, and more.
Patient Sitters and Hospital Sitters
Patients get the treatment they need while at a hospital or in rehab, but they often do not get close ]care and assistance. It is difficult for doctors and nurses to provide one-to-one care as they are responsible for many different patients in the hospital or facility. Our patient sitters can be with you or your loved ones in the hospital to provide assistance and keep you company. We act more as patient advocates by making sure you or your loved ones are comfortable, and we will call the doctor or nurse whenever needed. We will only provide care that is not the responsibility of the doctors, nurses, or other hospital staff and we will not interrupt the care they provide.
Our hospital sitting service include the following:
- Advocates: Our caregivers will act as companions and assistants to monitor your or your loved one’s condition in order to ensure the hospital provides timely and quality care and will constantly be in communication with doctors and nurses to guarantee comfort and proper information.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will be a companion for you or your loved ones, building a personal relationship through friendly conversation and fun activities.
- Fall Prevention: We will assist hospital personnel as you get in and out of bed or go to the restroom to prevent falls.
- Hourly, 24/7 and Overnight Care: We are here to help you when you or your loved ones need someone while in the hospital; we provide 24-hour care services as well as hourly or overnight care to ensure that you are not alone at night.
- Respite Care: Sometimes people may have a relative near them to help while in the hospital. If a relative is helping you or your loved ones in the hospital, we can take over the care and give them a break with our respite care services.
It is common for patients to be discharged after a surgery or hospital stay when they are not yet at full strength. This makes it difficult to return home and if the patient does not follow their discharge instructions or overexerts themselves, they may experience a setback that causes them to go back to the hospital. Following discharge instructions, taking medication, and getting enough rest are important for making a quick and full recovery.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help you or your loved ones with their return from the hospital with our transitional care services. Our caregivers will ensure you or your loved ones get the care and assistance needed to make a full recovery and we can also help with non-emergency transportation and tasks around the house. Our transitional care services can include the following:
- We will work with your doctor to understand the discharge instructions and ensure that the patient and their family also understand these instructions.
- We can schedule appointments for follow up doctor visits, rehab, and additional lab work.
- We can bring you or your loved ones home from the hospital and provide non-medical transportation to doctor appointments and rehab.
- We can provide medication reminders when it is time to take medication and we can pick up prescriptions.
- If medical equipment is needed at home, we can help with the pickup or delivery of the equipment.
- We will keep the home safe and comfortable to ease the recovery.
- We can help with grocery shopping and clean out the refrigerator if needed.
- We can help with the meal preparation each day and we will take dietary restrictions into account.
- We will take care of certain light housekeeping tasks such as laundry, dusting, and taking out the trash to keep the home clean.
- We provide personal care at home that covers ADLs such as bathing, getting dressed, restroom use, eating, and more.
It is always difficult to recover from surgery and seniors and adults with disabilities often need help when returning home from surgery. There is a high chance of suffering a setback that can lead to rehospitalization if patients do not follow their discharge instructions and get the proper rest. With our after-surgery care services, our caregivers will ensure that you and your loved ones follow the discharge instructions and get the proper rest to make a full recovery. The following may be included in our after-surgery care services:
- Assistance with ADLs: Our caregivers will provide the personal assistance necessary including help with ADLs such as restroom use, bathing, dressing, eating, transferring, and more.
- Companionship: We will be a companion to you or your loved ones as well as a caregiver. We will engage in friendly conversation to build a personal relationship and do fun, appropriate activities.
- Fall Prevention: We can help prevent falls by helping the patient get in and out of bed and move throughout the home.
- 24-Hour Care: We can provide 24-hour care if you or your loved ones need a caregiver present 24 hours a day.
- Overnight Care: If you or your loved ones need someone present at night, we can help with our overnight care services.
- Respite Care: Sometimes a relative is able to help when their loved ones return home from surgery. In these cases, we can give the relative a break and take over care with our respite care services.
- Non-Emergency Transportation: With our non-emergency transportation services, we can give you or your loved ones rides to rehab, doctor appointments, and other engagements.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Assisting Hands Home Care can help seniors and adults being treated at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center with our hospital sitting services, transitional care, and after-surgery home care services in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. We begin these services with a free consultation to understand your care needs during and/or after your hospital stay. You can reach us at (561) 781-5885 to learn more.
Disclaimer: Assisting Hands Home Care does not have an organic relationship with Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center and we are not endorsed by this institution.